Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Got big cabin to go with small cabin
hueyjazz
# Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:33

We bought our small cabin and land almost five years ago now. Before then, my wife and I live in the city on a busy street near a major university. It's never quiet.

Brother worked like a dog 7 day a week. He finally retired but soon after got the unpleasant surprise he had cancer. He was dead three years later.

Soon after he passed my close friend went in for a minor out patient operation to have a non-malignant growth removed from his neck. Three days later he was dead due to a blood clot to brain.

These events stimulated me to enact our long dream about plan to get a cabin and land. We had been searching but the process with added vigor allowed us to reach fruition.
We get our small cabin with 20 acres of land which borders 1200 acres of State land all inside of Amish inhabited area. We have been using it year round and are there every weekend.

Two years ago we discover wife has breast cancer. We believe this was discovered quick and two operations later they believe they got it all but then comes the radiation and chemo. No matter what I get her There every weekend. Sometimes by pulling her there on a sled as the roads are only plowed so far. She swears that the cabin has healing powers.

Our property surrounds a rather nice log home. We've always been friend with the older couple that owned it but noticed they seem to use it less and less. We told them if they ever sell we might be interested. Well, I guess we said it one too many times as last October they listed it and they gave us first chance.

We buy it. Our new cabin has our old cabin in view. We still own both and plan to never sell either. This is where we plan to retire to. It makes us happy. Wife is believed to be cancer free and she swears the cabin did it. While it's nice to have a furnace we still go to the old cabin every weekend visit.
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:38

Nice what you do for the misses and its nice she likes going there and feels it has healing powers. Live the dream, you just never know when your time is up. I retire in about 5 yrs. Not sure I will live there, but will spend lots more time there for sure. Will re-evaluate the plans as we get closer.

Cool story.

bushbunkie
# Posted: 11 Jan 2017 17:11

Great livin the cabin dream...especially when both partners are in it together...yup...cool story!

bldginsp
# Posted: 11 Jan 2017 17:46

Wise choice huey.

You only live twice
Or so it seems
One life for yourself
And one for your dreams

You drift through the years
And life seems tame
Then your dream appears
And 'Cabin' is its name

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 12 Jan 2017 01:00

What a great cabin! Congratulations!!!! May you both enjoy it for many years in good health and happiness!!!!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 12 Jan 2017 12:44

bldginsp...a budding poet, I dare say... ;)

Rys
# Posted: 12 Jan 2017 21:41

Glad you are living your dream.

bldginsp
# Posted: 13 Jan 2017 11:54

I'm a plagiarist- that's from the James Bond flick- Henry Mancini I think- applies well here

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.