Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New Ceiling Lower Level
mick968
# Posted: 20 Feb 2017 22:03

Just finished up lower level . Theme was different wood or metal to each surface(including ceiling)
IMG_2876.jpg
IMG_2876.jpg
IMG_2877.jpg
IMG_2877.jpg
IMG_2879.jpg
IMG_2879.jpg
IMG_2878.jpg
IMG_2878.jpg

mick968
# Posted: 20 Feb 2017 22:23

When we bought cabin walkout lower was unfinished. We have since finished adding full bath,extra bedroom,living area with Pellet stove,utility room.
IMG_2748.JPG
IMG_2748.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG

Cowracer
# Posted: 22 Feb 2017 14:36

Mick...

Not sure where you are located, but I appreciate your taste in sports teams.

Lets Go Blues!

Tim

Eddy G
# Posted: 23 Feb 2017 10:04

Beautiful work, just beautiful....
We are in the middle of doing the same metal ceiling in part of our cabin as well. My thought was that the metal would add a lot of light reflection and keep that room nice and bright (kitchen mostly). We're using wood for the rest of the cabin ceilings for the most part...I reluctantly dry walled the bathroom and one bedroom...
The problem I'm going to be running in to with the metal is the recessed lighting.
We have two rows of lights, 8 lights total...the room is around 11' x 20' + or - a few inches.
I have to come up with a way to cut the holes out and then trim around them..
I have a few ideas but just seeing yours up gives me a little more hope and inspiration.
Thanks

mick968
# Posted: 28 Feb 2017 20:46

Quoting: Cowracer
# Posted: 22 Feb 2017 14:36
Reply Quote

Mick...

Not sure where you are located, but I appreciate your taste in sports teams.

Lets Go Blues!

Cabin is in Colorado (Southpark) we are from St.louis

Blues not trending well but we fly our freak flags high

mick968
# Posted: 28 Feb 2017 21:07

We put the corrugate behind the stove and liked to look and effect so it went on some of ceiling as well. The corrugate is a little more challenging cutting holes etc. for lights and or vents. We mounted old time lamp rather than pot or recess.
We hope it retains or reflects heat from stove.
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG

gsreimers
# Posted: 1 Mar 2017 21:48

Mick,

I really like what you did with the corrugated. We have tongue and groove for cabin walls and the high part of the ceiling (or will when I get it done) so we are thinking corrugated metal on the ceiling above the kitchen and bath (below the loft).

Toying with the idea of aging and rusting it before it goes up.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.