Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Hi from HootnHoller!
hootnholler
# Posted: 30 Mar 2017 11:39

Hi everyone!

We are completing a small 320 square foot cabin in the hills of North Mississippi. I am looking forward to seeing all your photos. Our place is on 40 acres and is just a getaway for now.
P1010071.JPG
P1010071.JPG
image__Copy_2.jpe.jpeg
image__Copy_2.jpe.jpeg
vlcsnap201609231.png
vlcsnap201609231.png
P1010009.JPG
P1010009.JPG

Kamn
# Posted: 30 Mar 2017 14:39

Welcome Hootnholler

What a beautiful location you are in and your place looks wonderful.....also looks like you will have Thanksgiving dinner covered with those Turkeys walking around (assuming you hunt)

Sorry I don't have any photos of my place just yet, this summer I will post a few of our land and when our cabin gets built later

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 30 Mar 2017 16:39

Looks amazing! Welcome aboard

Kudzu
# Posted: 30 Mar 2017 19:33

Cool, our place is also in North Mississippi. From your pics I would guess your North of us. Nice looking place you have, keep the pics a coming.

Borrego
# Posted: 30 Mar 2017 21:54

Welcome! Looks beautiful.....

hootnholler
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 17:59

Thank y'all. We love it so much and hope we are able to retire there when the time comes. To my North MS neighbor, our place in is Benton County.

Kudzu
# Posted: 5 Apr 2017 15:01

Yep you are North of me, we are in Lowndes County, MS.

hootnholler
# Posted: 9 Apr 2017 23:05

We cut the grass this weekend for the first time this year. It was nice to tidy up the place.

Kudzu
# Posted: 10 Apr 2017 17:06

I like your tree.

hootnholler
# Posted: 11 Apr 2017 10:43

Thanks Kudzu. We built the cabin under two old oaks. We estimate one is over 200 years old. It is 11 feet in circumference.

hootnholler
# Posted: 11 Apr 2017 13:45

I'm posting more pictures today to help me keep a log of the progress at our little place. We have no complaints of our Champion generator purchased at Tractor Supply. We have a queen sized bed where we sleep when we get out there to work. Just got a ceiling fan up too. Yes, it's rustic but it works for a getaway. I'm just a country girl and this is as close to heaven on this earth as we get, lol.
image__Copy_10.jp.jpeg
image__Copy_10.jp.jpeg
image__Copy_14.jp.jpeg
image__Copy_14.jp.jpeg
image__Copy_7.jpe.jpeg
image__Copy_7.jpe.jpeg

hootnholler
# Posted: 11 Apr 2017 13:52

Thank you. I wish we could upload videos of the wildlife but so far I haven't been able to do that on this site. This is our retreat to maintain sanity in this rat race called life. Coming out here helps us relax and enjoy God's beautiful creation!

Bexeler
# Posted: 11 Apr 2017 21:18

Your place looks real nice. I know the feeling you get when you go to your place to be able to relax even when your working your tail off. Can't wait to see more pics of your place.

hootnholler
# Posted: 12 Apr 2017 13:47

Thank you Bexeler. You are right about the hard work! Between the southern heat and humidity in the summer and the constant projects we really stay busy!

Kudzu
# Posted: 15 Apr 2017 07:55

Your place looks great. I also use our cabin as a retreat to maintain sanity.

hootnholler
# Posted: 15 Apr 2017 23:39

Thank you Kudzu. Like most other members on this forum, our is a work in progress too.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.