Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / another new member
<< . 1 . 2 .
hattie
# Posted: 19 Mar 2011 12:30

Quoting: squirrel
some of my projects are not what you'd call normal sometimes but they never say much just lend a hand when I need them even the hubby he'll shake his head but he never tells me Its a stupid idea "

*LOL* You sound like me. *S* Whenever I go to Hubby and bat my eyes and say, "you know, I was just thinking....." He KNOWS he's in trouble because I've come up with another hairbrained idea. *LOL* I'm lucky that Hubby can build pretty much anything I ask him; it's just a matter of how crazy an idea can I think up. *grin*

I think the craziest was to build a ATW (all terrain walker) - the locals affectionately called it "Homer" - for our hillbilly friend who needed a walker to walk, but still enjoyed hiking. The store-bought type wouldn't work on the gravel and mud, so I asked Hubby to build one. It was really neat. Had a seat with storage for a lunch, a pedometer, lights front and back, hand brakes and a foot brake. Our friend loved it and it certainly made cars stop when they saw him coming down the road pushing it. *LOL*

squirrel
# Posted: 28 Mar 2011 18:03

Its great to know I am not alone hattie who knows one day we may come up with something that we'll be famous for sure your friend apprciated his walker

naturelover66
# Posted: 28 Mar 2011 20:08

I just have to say I think you are SO SWEET hattie .

squirrel
# Posted: 28 Mar 2011 21:22

photos of my add on
soon to be the bathroom
soon to be the bathroom
with window
with window

hattie
# Posted: 28 Mar 2011 21:34

Thanks squirrel and naturelover66....When you have lots of time on your hands in the winter months, it's amazing the hairbrained ideas you can think up. *lol*

squirrel
# Posted: 16 Apr 2011 21:26

spent the night up at the land with the family and their friends had a blast I started on the porch roof almost ready for the tin then it'll be time for the frame for thescreened in porch can't wait to get it done the list is shorter but not yet complete its the small things that need to be done in the cabin the cabinets need to be finished and the sink installed along aith the water line and the gas line
Took the family t help finish up and didn't do much other then cleaning up getting ready for Easter but we had alot of fun and I enjoyed everyone being there. Looking forward to the summer and the fun we could have

squirrel
# Posted: 16 Apr 2011 21:39 - Edited by: squirrel

at the cabin

squirrel
# Posted: 16 Apr 2011 21:40

my ride to the mountains

squirrel
# Posted: 18 Apr 2011 21:24 - Edited by: squirrel

having trouble with computer posting pics

squirrel
# Posted: 25 Apr 2011 19:58 - Edited by: squirrel

spent the weekend with 7 teenagers at the land the kids slept in the rv and hubby and I in the cabin had a good time did't do anything to the cabin just enjoyed the time together Kids rode a go cart aroung the land went fishing and I cooked cleaned up an loved every minute of it my baby girl tured 18 Sat but she'll always be my baby shes going to give us our 1st grand baby in November wished she'd waited but things happen and now well we'll support her love her and move forward and try to help her continue with the goals she has( tried to take the boyfriend hunting he did't won't to go HUh can't for the life of me figure that out LOL)

squirrel
# Posted: 18 Jun 2011 05:14 - Edited by: squirrel

haven't been going to the cabin much really haven't had time sort of let the house chores go to go to the mountains so I've been playong catch up at home my list has shorten but still work to do small things hubby wishes I'd stop but I have these things in my head and until it's done I can't stop. He says once I am done we'll start on a real cabin a little was up on the property I love the view there and I already can see what I want done but we'll see.
heres a few pics from the inside parts that are almost done
036.JPG
036.JPG
037.JPG
037.JPG
038.JPG
038.JPG
039.JPG
039.JPG

squirrel
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 21:53

not posted here much in a while had a lot going on this past year alot of it not planned but hey life doesn't come with a set blue print My baby girl has our first grand girl she is 15 months now what a joy then my son and his soon to be had a baby boy in jan he's 13 months he is a true boy love him to pieces then middle daughter and he soon to be hubby has a girl in sept she s 5 months never thought for the life of me they'd have 3 babies in less then a year wouldn't take nothing for none of them and I am proud of my kids for being so responsible to take care of them the work and pay their way not easy for them but they do it so you can see why i ve been busy not with the cabin though. started back on it got the tub in where i can use to but not finished with it went today and worked on the bridge over the creek my dog was having promblems getting down from the deck I hated packing stuff across it cause you had such a big step up so fixin that hubbygot this great big squirrel fan swears he gonna make it work like a water wheel to generate power wanna see it !the creek is small and in summer part of it dries up lessing the water flow but I hope he can make it work any ideas out there the fan part turns really easy and will continues to turn after you stop he 's thinking thats a plus well thanks for the info i got from yall post later

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.