Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Built a Tack room - Small Cabin Ideas
Borrego
# Posted: 19 Jul 2017 11:49

Just thought I'd share....I recently built a 'Tack Room' (She Shed) for my wife and her horse gear. I did it up really nice though so she can have a sleeper bed and a chair, table etc...plan on adding a sink for handwashing and a refer for cold beer...errr I mean water...

So I kept it to 120 sf (10' x 12') since it is in the County at our regular home. A bit remote and a ranch, but still, ya never know with neighbors , et al...

So my point is the cost for those of you newbies thinking about getting some land and getting some shelter in an inexpensive manner. I reckon we spent less than $5000 all in.
So just wanted to let y'all know it can be done on the cheap...
IMG_20170625_1355291.jpg
IMG_20170625_1355291.jpg

ColdFlame
# Posted: 19 Jul 2017 13:23

Beautiful building! Great job on it @Borrego!

naturelover66
# Posted: 19 Jul 2017 17:56

Love it!!! Great job. Im sure your wife and her horses really appreciate it too.

Borrego
# Posted: 19 Jul 2017 22:12

Thanks guys! It is really nice inside and 120 sf is really pretty roomy...

benny8
# Posted: 20 Jul 2017 05:28

Quoting: Borrego
So my point is the cost for those of you newbies thinking about getting some land and getting some shelter in an inexpensive manner. I reckon we spent less than $5000 all in.
So just wanted to let y'all know it can be done on the cheap...

Absolutely agree! We just finished my weather tight cabin and the total cost was just under $3500. The footprint is 16'x28'. It has a 8'x16' porch and a 16'x20' cabin. It still needs to be insulated and the interior finished, but to be weather tight for the cost is reasonable.

KabinKat
# Posted: 22 Jul 2017 00:31

Very Nice!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.