Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New guy from Wisconsin
Brad M
# Posted: 17 Sep 2017 19:26 - Edited by: Brad M

First let me thank all of you for the info that I've gathered from here over the last 10 months or so. I've lurked for awhile and think it's time that I introduce myself. My name is Brad and my wife and I live in Wisconsin. We acquired a small cabin last January on 5 acres in central north central Wisconsin. We were lucky to have found a place that was already remodeled and ready to use. I've done a few projects around the place to make it a little more comfortable such as driving a sand point well with pitcher pump, put in a kitchen sink, built an outdoor shower, made a composting toilet and extended a couple of pre-existing docks. It has an outhouse but it's been nice to "go" inside. I'll see if I can figure out to upload some pictures.
Our cabin
Our cabin
Outhouse and shower
Outhouse and shower
Sunset
Sunset

Brad M
# Posted: 17 Sep 2017 19:28

Here's a few of the inside.
Inside
Inside
Inside2
Inside2
Inside 3
Inside 3
Kitchen
Kitchen

Brad M
# Posted: 17 Sep 2017 19:33 - Edited by: Brad M

A few more of the kitchen, bathroom and living area. It's only 20x22 but it's comfortable.
Kitchen2
Kitchen2
Bathroom
Bathroom
Futon
Futon
Wood stove
Wood stove

fiftyfifty
# Posted: 17 Sep 2017 21:17

Looks great! Nice to have an indoor toilet option!

Borrego
# Posted: 17 Sep 2017 22:11

Really great , man! Keep us up-to-date on your progress!

itsals1
# Posted: 17 Sep 2017 23:22

Nice cabin you have there. What is the size of the cabin? We are in Wisconsin also,ours is near the Spooner area,not on water as yours is.
Do you have a bedroom area or do you use the futon.
I really like the layout and the Jotul woodstove with the hearth, beautiful.
I'd really Enjoy seeing more of your cabin and the area.
Welcome.

Travis

Eddy G
# Posted: 18 Sep 2017 05:05

Nice work, and welcome.

Brad M
# Posted: 18 Sep 2017 20:38

Thanks everyone.
Travis-the cabin is about20x22. It has a loft area but it's rather short. We tried sleeping up there a few times but the fact that you can't stand up there along with the need to get up during the night for the restroom made that a little difficult. Now we sleep on the futon and put a memory foam topper on it. It's not too bad.
Our place is near Scandinavia. It's pretty around here. Our place is on a creek and has a lot of mature maple and oak.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Borrego
# Posted: 18 Sep 2017 21:26

Too bad that loft isn't taller

KabinKat
# Posted: 3 Oct 2017 11:21

Really nice place you have there!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.