Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Got a new toy
buckybuck
# Posted: 26 Apr 2018 19:43

I got a new toy and brought it with me when I de-winterized my cabin last weekend. Now I can drone on and on about my cabin

https://youtu.be/mbhA1zYROrY

ICC
# Posted: 26 Apr 2018 20:19 - Edited by: ICC

but what drone and camera is it?

buckybuck
# Posted: 26 Apr 2018 20:23

DJI Spark.

ICC
# Posted: 26 Apr 2018 20:52 - Edited by: ICC

Cool, looks like fun. What altitude do you use it at? I've always wondered how well they perform at higher altitudes. I'm at 7000 to 9000 feet and don't find altitude performance talked about much. I must admit I haven't looked much, but past model airplane and general aviation small aircraft experience has made me very aware of altitude effects.

razmichael
# Posted: 27 Apr 2018 07:43

Although I've never actually flown anywhere close, the specs of the Spark are

Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 13,123 feet (4,000 m)

and general forum chatter seems to indicate that this is not a manufacturer fantasy (lots of reports of flying higher for this and similar drones).

Cowracer
# Posted: 27 Apr 2018 08:57 - Edited by: Cowracer

WELL DONE!

You totally resisted the urge to just hover in one spot and spin. High speed pivot turn shots are almost always disorienting to watch. A little chunk of this video of a drone in fireworks show how bad it can get.

URL

You did do a "pylon turn" around the gentleman (I assume that's you), which is much easier on the viewers. Have fun with you new toy.

Tim

snobdds
# Posted: 27 Apr 2018 12:13

Awesome...

buckybuck
# Posted: 28 Apr 2018 16:51 - Edited by: buckybuck

Yes, Cowracer, the “gentleman” is me. Geez, I guess what they say is true—the camera does add 10 pounds. And at least 20 years.

Ken Robbins
# Posted: 28 Apr 2018 18:56

Aw geez, now you did it, something else to buy for the cabin. C'mon wife, we need it for the cabin.
I'm trying to get a friend near our cabin to dust off his drone and send me an update. I broke down and took wife's advice, had the roof done by a contractor a few weeks ago. An old feller might be best not doing 12/12 roof, especially second level.
Dying to see it.
Looks like you can get some great shots from up high to plan out any future projects or help decide you don't need anything more than that great cabin.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 29 Apr 2018 11:19

I have been eyeballing these for a while. Eyeballing the DJI Phanton III or IV, love to recon my entire 40+ acres and also aerial shots around Ranger Station and campsites.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.