Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / WoooHooo!!!!! Free cabin!
Rob_O
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 19:22

Ok, well, it's not exactly a cabin. It's a barn or some semblance thereof. It's mostly rough-cut lumber, at least part of the structure has a floor deck that used to be a wood shop, and did I mention it's free?

My friend bought 10 acres with a "kit" log cabin on it and the barn is behind the cabin blocking the view. The previous owner of the cabin used the barn as a carport for his RV while he assembled the cabin and my friend wants it gone immediately if not sooner so we're starting the teardown this weekend

Not sure exactly how much wood I'll be able to salvage, but it will be "enough" for a decent size cabin. Also found some 1.5" EPS foam for $8 /sheet and double pane glass for $13 a panel on Craigslist so I can keep the weather out.

I'm really starting to see a cabin becoming reality this Summer.

Gary O
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 19:54

Rob_O
I know you've been looking for deals for quite a spell.
Looks like your patience has paid, big.
Good show, man. Good show.

Gary O'

Rob_O
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 20:28

Quoting: Gary O
I know you've been looking for deals for quite a spell.
Looks like your patience has paid, big.
Good show, man. Good show.

I can't say I was looking too hard this trip. Went out to have a beer with a friend and came home with a huge pile of wood.

Gary O
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 20:53

Yer gonna need another beer after tear down. It's work.

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 22:26

Congratulations! Get you destruction/construction thread started. We want to watch.

Rob_O
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 23:35

Quoting: MikeOnBike
Congratulations! Get you destruction/construction thread started. We want to watch.

I'll get some pictures of the teardown process this weekend. Once I get everything pressure washed and I determine how much wood I have to work with I'll start the redesign process.

Rob_O
# Posted: 25 Feb 2011 13:06

I hate it when life gets in the way of my plans. We're going to have another go at it this weekend

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.