Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New wood box
Eddy G
# Posted: 10 Feb 2019 15:41

I picked up an old bureau at the habitat for humanity restore.
Removed a few draws, re-enforced it with some steel and 3/4 plywood. Scrubbed, cleaned it up, used a little paint inside and rubbed it down with some mahogany finish restorer.
I put wood stove / fire supplies in the top two draws (matches, fire starters, gloves etc..)
The first section is for kindling and smaller pieces of wood while the bottom holds about a days worth of fuel.
1FB45CC6EB5B485B8.jpeg
1FB45CC6EB5B485B8.jpeg
641BFD35D5EE43B38.jpeg
641BFD35D5EE43B38.jpeg
E31DEF0610F14BF0B.jpeg
E31DEF0610F14BF0B.jpeg

Rory
# Posted: 10 Feb 2019 16:23

What a cool way to hide the indoor woodpile. Nice and organized to. This was a great idea and it turned out really nice. Awesome job.

Jebediah
# Posted: 10 Feb 2019 17:35

Thank you for this idea....I have a few old taller dressers I was going to get rid of....not now.

Eddy G
# Posted: 10 Feb 2019 18:12

Thanks

The existing interior was pretty fragile so
I ran angle iron under the existing shelves and laid 3/4 plywood on top of the old shelves for added support to hold the weight and abuse of the logs being loaded and unloaded.

rockies
# Posted: 10 Feb 2019 18:23

You should get one of those old pewter tankards and put it on the top with those really long old fashioned matches inside.

Very Nice job!

Whiskey Jack
# Posted: 12 Feb 2019 18:27

That's a pretty cool idea! I may have to steal that when the main cabin is built.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.