Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Advice on preserving old cabin with pictures
alainlavoie
# Posted: 13 May 2019 10:29 - Edited by: alainlavoie

Hello all,

we recently purchased a house which had a log cabin at the back. The cabin looks like a turn-of-the-century 2 story house and hasn't been maintained very well. I am interested in trying to keep that fun man-cave for as long as I can but I can't spend thousands of dollars into this project at this moment. I was wondering what I could do to stop the deterioration of the log ends as shown in the attached pictures. I saw wood epoxy repair products available online but they are pretty expensive and it looks like I'll need a lot. I was thinking of filling in the big and deep holes with expanding foam, then perhaps stuff the end with epoxy wood putty, would that work? Any suggestions?

Thanks/Alain

Pictures: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMIM12wg-TDqKiwsH8i7E_klsX8E4Tom0_cUUt60mmS9aVdC ObemxVgEIWpflXCIg?key=aGR1MndRdnlYUXg3cEtiNGV5d21OZ0VEbzlJVGx3

spoofer
# Posted: 13 May 2019 16:50

I would just spray it with an insecticide wood preservative

ICC
# Posted: 13 May 2019 18:10

Permachink? Available in some tints.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.