Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Purchased an Alaska Dream Parcel
<< . 1 . 2 .
Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 16 Dec 2020 19:51

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
If they are on your PC, I open them up in MS Paint, then rotate them, even if they appear right, rotate it and then back to upright, then save. That will do it.

I frequent a number of forums and this is the only one where this is a problem.

Sourdough
# Posted: 19 Dec 2020 15:33

Wow.......congratulations on getting things cleaned up, and starting a rebuild. Very impressive. Treasure your friends, they are priceless.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Dec 2020 22:17

Quoting: Irrigation Guy
I frequent a number of forums and this is the only one where this is a problem.

Yes, I noticed it also. I think so many turn phones sideways and the computer orients it as you open it, so it appears fine, it knows which way you are holding the phone. But in this forum, it shows it just like you took it.

toofewweekends
# Posted: 20 Dec 2020 18:12

Homesteadalaska, hearing about all that work is making me tired! My place is not far away, south of NorthRick off 118 Parks Highway. I, too, am jealous you ended up with a working dozer. The best I ended up at a falling-down cabin we bought was a working propane stove/oven.

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Dec 2020 18:57

Lol
The place we bought this year looked to have solar, a well and an airtight stove, the only thing that has worked there is my wife and me.....

Homesteadalaska
# Posted: 25 Dec 2020 22:04

Quoting: NorthRick
A working bulldozer - I'm jealous. Glad to hear you are getting things going again after the fire.

Yeah, finding this and getting it running again is worth it’s weight in gold.

Homesteadalaska
# Posted: 25 Dec 2020 22:06

Quoting: Irrigation Guy
Do you live full time in AK?

I had planned to, but last year’s fire put that on hold till I can get a cabin again. For now I live in AK about 8 months of the year. Hoping to have myself reestablished by next Fall.

Homesteadalaska
# Posted: 25 Dec 2020 22:09

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Really sorry about your dog, I love dogs, get another one, area like that, a man needs a good dog.

Thanks for the condolences. It was a tough loss. I got a new puppy recently, white lab, with very good instincts.

Homesteadalaska
# Posted: 25 Dec 2020 22:19

Quoting: toofewweekends
Homesteadalaska, hearing about all that work is making me tired!

Yeah, it was quite tiring, haha. I think I slept for a week when it was all done.

Cool that you’re in the area. Sorry to hear about the falling apart cabin. It always fun to see what problems Alaska gives you to solve, eh?

Homesteadalaska
# Posted: 25 Dec 2020 22:25

Quoting: gcrank1
the only thing that has worked there is my wife and me.....

Sounds all too familiar. My first place I bought was a 7 day hike from the lake I was dropped off in. I had to abandon all my gear, which was subsequently destroyed by bears the following year—a zero sum game. I’m lucky to have working generators and machinery on this new property, even though I lost most of my things in the fire. Still have a lot of optimism. Best of luck on your place.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.