Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Ceramic Car Wax
paulz
# Posted: 24 Feb 2021 21:52

I recently learned about this stuff and bought a bottle. It truly is amazing, at least the shine it put on my 22 year old truck. Apparently it's been around awhile. Dealers and detailers can do a pro job that supposedly last for years, but it's expensive, couple thousand as I hear. My bottle was $16 (Turtle wax brand), available everywhere. It's supposed to last 6 months or more, regular old style wax only a couple. Also supposed to shed water, dirt, keep the car cleaner, less washing. Can't speak for all that yet.

I was skeptical, but every time I walk up to my truck I notice it.
20210216_135144.jpg
20210216_135144.jpg

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 25 Feb 2021 07:44

Paul, you got a new truck?
Looks nice from what I see.

paulz
# Posted: 25 Feb 2021 09:13

Yep, got it last winter. Turned out I didn't have to but now that I have it, kinda nice. The old Blazer engine was really tired, I picked up and rebuilt another 350 but I was afraid it would take more time than it did to get it done, and I can't get to the cabin without 4wd.

I wanted a Toyota but they were twice the price. This '99 Ranger was $4K, 160K miles, runs great. Almost twice the gas mileage as the Blazer, heater, AC, plus I switched the batteries that power the cabin into it from the Blazer.

Turned out I got the Blazer back on the road with the new mill in about a week, probably could have gotten by. I still drive it around town, and have just put my batteries in the cabin permanently with the new solar setup, so it can do cabin duty again when the weather warms up.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.