Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Great off the grid water heater
Rifraf
# Posted: 5 Apr 2012 10:35

This little thing is pretty amazing. The ignition runs on batteries and the heat is run from one 20# little propane tank. I have been told by a gentleman who uses one in his cabin that his wife and himself can go a few months on a tiny tank of propane

ECOTEMP L10 LINK

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 28 Jun 2012 20:34

Rifraf..is this what you have at your place??? Is it mounted indoors?? how do you like it so far?

razmichael
# Posted: 29 Jun 2012 09:04

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
Is it mounted indoors?

Both the L10 and L5 are outdoor only portable systems. I have the L5 (bought the heater/pump/filter combo). I plumbed it into a faucet and shower - both with micro switches. With a couple of Y junctions in the plumbing it allows both hot and cold water at the taps. Some use a pressure tank instead. A search on the forum should find you a number of discussions on the ecotemp products and other hot water solutions. Whatever the installation you need to have decent water pressure to activate them.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.