Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Great deal on Lodge Logic dutch oven
optimistic
# Posted: 22 Nov 2012 11:44

Hey fellow cabin enthusiasts!

Happy Thanksgiving!

There is a great sale on Lodge Logic dutch oven on Amazon's black friday deals.

They will unveil the price in about 5 hours I believe but it will be between 30-40% off the already very low price of 55$. This is the 7 qt size and they ship it for free.

They also sell the 5 qt for 24$ but you should wait to see how much the 7 qt will fall in price.

optimistic
# Posted: 22 Nov 2012 11:52

Crazy.. They just raised the price on the 5qt from 24 to 29. Still a great deal but I am holding out to see how much the 7 qt will be.

TheWildMan
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 09:05

not a fan of lodge logic, the cast iron cookware of old was rough and that was due to the early manufacturing methods, the later ones were smooth and food never stuck, lodge logic for whatever reason decided to sell rough ones for an old fashion feel but they are inferior to what was made 20 years ago (food readily sticks in the rough surface)

i'm just partial, i have never had to do anything to clean the old ones i have but i have trouble with new stuff from them.

optimistic
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 12:06

Interesting. Never realized that as I don't cook on mine often....

TheWildMan
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 14:37

if your only using them from time to time they may be ok, i heat my cabin with a cast iron woodstove (i live there year round), since the stove will be running alot in witer i make a point to keep something cooking, a dutch oven makes a good soda bread, if its smooth i can turn the oven over and the loaf pops out, a rough one holds it in and makes a mess. soups and stews are ok with either type (excess liquid)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.