Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Alone in the WIlderness
neb
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 16:28

I'm watching right now what a great Documentary!

groingo
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 16:54

Then you really need to pick up Jerimiah Johnson too, Robert Redford earned his pay on that one!

TomChum
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 18:29

Jeremiah Johnson is based on a Vardis Fisher book called "Mountain Man". Vardis Fisher takes historical accounts, adds a whole bunch of BS to it to make it more fun to read. But you run the risk of remembering fiction as history.

Anyway I saw the movie before reading the book, and now I don't think I could watch the movie again because the story was so very simplistic in comparison. Good book, good reading!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 18:43

Quoting: neb
I'm watching right now what a great Documentary!

Neb, I bought the DVD disc. Loved that show.

neb
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 19:23

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Neb, I bought the DVD disc. Loved that show.

I have seen it many times and never get bored watching it. For people here that live off grid would be the closest thing to that show. It would be more primitive back then but close I would say if you live off grid. Seeing no people for month's and month's would be the hardest thing for me. I love solitude but that might have gotten to me.

groingo
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 20:46 - Edited by: groingo

It's pure entertainment value for me. just don't hide in the corn crib says I!

hitanktank
# Posted: 1 Dec 2012 23:27

this is such a great movie

Rob_O
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 10:48

Great show, it was on the state PTV network Thursday night

Ann
# Posted: 7 Dec 2012 15:49

There is another recently published book based on more of Proenneke's diaries. Most interestingly, it includes a biography that tells about his life at the cabin after the first book and film made him famous.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Readings-One-Mans-Wilderness/dp/1616085541/ref=sr_1_2?s=bo oks&ie=UTF8&qid=1354912977&sr=1-2&keywords=dick+proenneke

Rossman
# Posted: 7 Dec 2012 19:29

Love this movie!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.