Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / George Clarke's Amazing Spaces TV show
EvoQ
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 05:09

I found this BBC TV show "George Clarke's Amazing Spaces" and really enjoyed it and also got some wonderful design ideas. This George Clarke is a leading designer of the Micro-Home movement.

This TV show is broken up into 4-5 different projects. George Clarke has his own Project currently about an RV trailer bought used from the 70's that he is turning into a retreat for his family of 5. He is a firm believer of ultimate space useage. Which I might add will give you all kinds of design ideas. He has even designed his RV Trailer to fold it's one long side wall down into a walkout deck. The other projects are all very enlightening and helpful is showing what others are doing in this Cabin/Micro Home trend.

So go check it out I am sure that you will get some ideas and also enjoy the show at the same time.

George Clarke's Amazing Spaces

I believe it is on the channel 4 network over in the UK

Anonymous
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 20:24

Any idea how to get the video to play here in the US??? Looks very interesting and I would love to see and hear what he has done.

EvoQ
# Posted: 12 Dec 2012 05:33 - Edited by: EvoQ

Here's a Youtube very short 2 minute video of the TV shows intro. You Tube TV show intro Here

Here;s the Facebook link that has allot of info and will give you somewhat an idea of what the show is all about. link here

I have a few of the shows videos if you are interested let me know if you would be interested in them, It'd be no problem getting them to you thru email or. Just PM me with the info.

I enjoy the this show because it hits on allot of different ways to both save space and also in the actual living space/place. Not only does he show you ideas about cabins, but also Urban unused spaces, fixing broken down buses for living spaces, and then the more modern sustainable living spaces, i also enjoyed the one segment about Container boxes, I have thought to bury one into the side of a hill, they are very cheap ans so strong.

The Barcelona Spain episode was so enlightening, this person had everything hidden, with swing out panels all sorts of things came out, beds, desks, the panel even hid the bathroom, and his bed pulled out from outside the room hidden underneath his back deck. All to maximize his space.

just let me know if you are interested, it's a great show.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.