Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Where to get plans/drawings on a basic 12x12 Cabin
Bushman
# Posted: 30 Jan 2014 16:52

I'm just looking at building a basic 12 x 12 Plywood cabin and wondering where you folks had found your designs or drawings for building your cabins. Just looking for the basic K.I.S.S design.

rockies
# Posted: 30 Jan 2014 17:09

http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/build-this-cozy-cabin.aspx

This is the design I based all of my "cozy cabin" drawings on. It could be altered to the size you need pretty easily. You wouldn't need to keep the porch part. If you used a simple gable roof with a ridge beam and then used a post at one end (under the end of the ridge beam and running all the way down to the floor inside one of the gable walls) you could use that post later on to add on another ridge beam in the future and expand the cabin into a 12x16 or 12x20 if you wanted.

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 31 Jan 2014 19:11

I can email you 12x12 2x6 construction plans.

revrandy
# Posted: 10 Feb 2014 14:09

ChuckDynasty,

I saw your offer and decided to register to see if I can get a copy of the construction plans as well. We are building a 12x12 this spring and are in the plan shopping stage.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.