Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Roll out bed
Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 31 Jan 2014 20:08

I know everyone is looking for ways to save space in their small cabin so when my wife found this I thought I'd share here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAiqvH2_5to

5 min video.
Looks really cool to me.

Martian
# Posted: 31 Jan 2014 21:21

I have "horizontal surface addiction". This is a great idea, but I think I would build it in under a single countertop to satisfy my desire for usable, horizontal surfaces.

Tom

bldginsp
# Posted: 1 Feb 2014 00:06

That's a handy and compact idea. I think I'll stick with a standard Murphy fold-up type bed, myself. With a Murphy you don't have to remove the sheets and blankets to put it away. Just make the bed and lift it up. Suits my inherent laziness better.

I've seen Murphys designed with tables on them, so after you fold up the bed, you then fold down a table that's hinged to the Murphy frame. For my floor plan that seems the best option.

Thanks for posting this one though. I want to see every space saving idea that applies to a small cabin.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 1 Feb 2014 06:59

I like this bed/sofa. I think the talented guys and gals on this site could build this:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Steve961
# Posted: 1 Feb 2014 17:47

Another option is the Ikea HEMNES daybed. It's only $300 and can be a sofa, single bed, and even a double bed when extended.
IkeaDaybed.jpg
IkeaDaybed.jpg
IkeaDaybed2.jpg
IkeaDaybed2.jpg

bldginsp
# Posted: 1 Feb 2014 21:25

Hardware for building your own standard Murphy

http://www.rockler.com/deluxe-murphy-bed-kits-vertical-mount

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.