Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Wealth of Off Grid information found
groingo
# Posted: 23 Feb 2015 21:00 - Edited by: groingo

Was just snooping and came across this site that changed and cleared up many things from charge controllers, batteries, inverters and on.

To get to the really good stuff just click "articles" at the top of the page and if you are like me you'll take a break after the first hour....lots of very good information here.

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/solar_controller_testing

MtnDon
# Posted: 23 Feb 2015 21:37

Yeah, a lot of info there. I saw his site some months ago when the LFP battery discussion was a hot topic of the day. He has an article on them and I believe I posted a link previously.

groingo
# Posted: 23 Feb 2015 23:17

Don:
Like minds.....scarey.......

creeky
# Posted: 24 Feb 2015 10:46

His article on LFP, while a bit wordy and in need of an edit, does cover the bases. For off grid solar you can skip the alternator stuff, but great info.
Interesting too, that the "cloudy" and "rainy" mppt outputs are as much as 30% higher than pwm. With a 21% overall gain with LFP battery cells.
That's a lot of extra power. Cue the bigger fridge!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.