Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / A good source for used propane refridgerators and repair
thetick
# Posted: 14 Mar 2015 23:53

It's not often you run across an exceptional person and amazing service. I felt I had to post this for those in the N Georgia and surrounding area.

I picked up a used Dometic RM1350 12.3 cf fridge on craigslist. It was in great shape other than it not powering on. I figured for $500 even if I had to put another $500 in it I would still get a deal (this thing is $3k new). I took it to a small local RV dealer and he was not wiling to even look at it. No reason given. He did however give me the number to a guy they send stuff to and buy from.

So last Tuesday I took it to this guy that works out of a commercial row garage units (mostly filled with guys that do car repair).

This guy pulls up in a van with faded letters "mobile rv refrigeration repair" on the side. He helped me unload it and immediately got to investigating what I purchased. He wasted no time in grabbing tools and his trusty volt meter and got to work. Less than an hour in he determined it was the thermostat control or "eyebrow" board and had the part ordered by the time I left.

When I returned to pick it up he had also replace the pc style cooling fans that he said are junk with a squirrel cage type fan, and fixed a number of other little things along the way.

This thing is almost new again....

He then took me to the garage across the way and it was plum full of used units he has for sale (7cf units for $350-$400 for example).

In total it cost me $461.10 parts and labor, and a great guy to do my fridge repairs and future purchases.

It's not often you find this level of service and WANT to recommend to your friends.

His (poorly done) website is askmrsid.com.

-Mark

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.