Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / SawStop
MtnDon
# Posted: 16 Mar 2015 20:34

SawStop has a new model. It's a jobsite saw. Same safety stop that senses flesh contacting the blade. Better price than the other models but still more dollars than the average workshop saw.

http://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by-model/jobsite-saw#overview

and a short article from Fine Homebuilding
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item/73988/sawstop-portable-job-site-tablesaw?&lookup =auto&V27=&V28=&V29=&V30=&V31=&V32=&V33=&V34=&V35=&V55=&V56=&Taun_Per_Flag=True&utm_s ource=eletter&utm_medium=eletter&utm_content=fhb_eletter&utm_campaign=fine-homebuildi ng-eletter
...with a promise of an article after they test it.

pizzadude
# Posted: 17 Mar 2015 00:35

I sawed this once before. Technology is awesome!

MtnDon
# Posted: 19 Mar 2015 16:43

Coincidentally, Bosch will announce their new REAXX (for "reacts") GTS1041A saw that uses flesh-sensing technology to trigger a mechanism that retracts the blade below the table if the operator makes contact with the blade while it is spinning on 3/20/2015. This is great as I am certain the competion will bring other saw manufacturers into the fray. Hopefully the competition will lower costs to where it would be truly foolhardy not to buy a "safety saw".

Bosch Takes Aim at SawStop

Truecabin
# Posted: 23 Mar 2015 00:41

and then the insurance company lobbyists get the code to require sawstop on all jobsites and new carpenters will be born that never used a normal saw like kids now have never driven a car without abs

dont laugh

Don_P
# Posted: 23 Mar 2015 06:42

The inventor rather than insurance companies has been trying exactly that for some time. We learned how to surf, I still hate abs most of the time.

Truecabin
# Posted: 26 Mar 2015 14:47

i wonder how many times can a saw stop like this

better to have respect for the saw than to rely on performance of a high tech device for your safety

what if you never learn to use a pusher then one job they have an old saw without sawstop

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.