Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Grants, tax credits, etc. for solar, energy efficiency
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 17 Jan 2016 16:38

It's time for me to start discussing my solar/electrical needs with the contractor in the town near my land. He has some helpful info on rebates and such on his website but I decided to Google and see if there were other things. There are!

If I were already a Pacific Light customer, geez, the state would actually cut me a check toward my installation after it was done and I'd get a tax credit, too. Unfortunately, since I'm moving from elsewhere and I'll be off-grid from the get-go, I don't qualify for those programs. But I did find some programs I will qualify for. Oregon has a foundation called the Energy Trust that all of the energy companies pay into. From this, they give incentives for using energy-efficient products and alternative energy to residents, agriculture, and companies.

But there are federal programs, too. I discovered a website called DSIRE that's a sort of clearing house that lists local, state, and federal programs nationwide. Type in your zip code and a list of programs in your area will pop up. I hope this is helpful.

By the way, you don't have to be going solar for this to be of benefit. It also includes rebates and incentives for weatherization, extra insulation, energy-efficient lighting, and many other things. I hope some folks find it helpful and interesting!

Here's the link to DSIRE:
http://www.dsireusa.org/

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 17 Jan 2016 17:33

I found these building guidelines to be helpful and interesting. And I'm glad I saw this before we set the plans in stone and started building! I should qualify for some cash back. And this will give my builder some good info and experience to pass along to his future customers as they pursue more small cabin/home builds!

http://energytrust.org/library/forms/ENH_PG_NH_EPS_PrgOverview.pdf

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.