- Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Dr Power Wagon
rockies
# Posted: 6 Apr 2016 19:42

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.drpower.com/power-equipment/haulers/powerwagons/

Don_P
# Posted: 6 Apr 2016 22:06

I've had a couple of 70's power wagons, they did a good job, always wanted one of the older ones though, they could pull the devil out of

beachman
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 10:28

Rockies - you must have a sadistic streak. Thanks a ton for posting this. Now I cannot get it out of my head now and must have one. I have so many uses for this thing where stupidity and brute strength have served me in the past.

bldginsp
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 11:09 - Edited by: bldginsp

Looks interesting, but I'd think long and hard before buying one new. The medium sized unit costs a lot more than I paid for a working Farmall tractor, which with a small trailer will haul much more than this gadget and will do numerous other tasks.

As with any specialized tool, if you need to use it's specialization A LOT so that it would be in constant use, yes, but if you just use it occasionally maybe a more versatile tool that costs the same or more is more useful.

I could see a woodcutter using this to get the rounds from where they were cut to his pickup when and where the pickup can't go to the rounds. But if that's all you use it for for just your own firewood needs, you'd do 10 loads a year and then park the tool. Is that worth $2500?

But I always like it when Rockies shows us all the neat stuff he comes across.

Here's the real deal, the truck whose name they are trying to capitalize on. My neighbor has one and there isn't anywhere on the mountain it won't go:

When the boys came home from WWII a lot of them called Dodge and said 'how can I get a truck like the ones we had over there'. Dodge responded with this, and the off-road vehicle industry was born. The winch on this is direct drive off the transfer case, for dragging heavy loads you have to chain the rear of the truck to a tree or you will just drag the truck around.
1950s Dodge Power Wagon
1950s Dodge Power Wagon

rockies
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 18:14

I guess it depends on the number and size of the jobs you need to do. I would probably use the smaller wagon more than a truck but both are a good option.

bldginsp
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 18:33

The main reason to own a Dodge Powerwagon (which I don't and probably never will) is how good you look when you step out of it in front of a bunch of loggers.

rockies
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 18:35

I always look good when I step out in front of a bunch of loggers (?)

Hmmm, what does that mean?

What DOES that mean?

bldginsp
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 18:38 - Edited by: bldginsp

It means it is the most impressive vehicle you can drive, at least in this neck of the woods.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.