Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Velux Sun Tunnel Skylights
rockies
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 18:52

I was reading in an article on skylights that sun tunnels do not have a massive amount of heat loss at night (unlike regular skylights) and provide about the same amount of light during the day without over-heating the room. Anyone used a sun tunnel before?

http://www.velux.ca/consumer/products/sun_tunnel_skylights/

KinAlberta
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 19:39 - Edited by: KinAlberta

I don't have an answer but last week I was in Canmore and Banff and noticed a surprising number of them on rooftops - as well as skylights.

I've looked at them (the original brand which I can't think of the name of) a few times years ago thinking that they are great products but in a showroom with a number of them in the ceiling I could sure tell that the choice of defuser is critical. Some of the clearer ceiling covers created an almost 'too bright' flashlight-like glare that would be irritating. Maybe Google for people having issues around that potential problem.

The plastic dome on the brand I looked at was really heavy duty, thick, sturdy plastic. That gave me a lot more confidence in them (that brand anyway).

bobrok
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 20:56

Very timely post as I was going to be inquiring here in the not too distant future. Will be following.

Quoting: rockies
Anyone used a sun tunnel before?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.