Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Solar Powered Well Pumps
rockies
# Posted: 18 Apr 2016 21:58

Some basic info and products. Anyone use solar power for their well pump?

http://www.solarpumps.com/solar-pump-water-well-submersible-pumps.html

Littlecooner
# Posted: 18 Apr 2016 22:17

very interesting site. I like the looks of their pumps.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Apr 2016 00:04 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Rockies, I bought that exact system you linked too (K170-SR2). I have the SR2 pump, I have 6" well casing and I bought the kit minus the stock tank level switch. I had them just add more wire. I have 2 solar panels on my set up and an electric switch. I flip the switch and I get ice cold water at 2.5 gallons a minute. I also bought the aux power source I can run off my generator if i need water at night or during low sunlight conditions. My well is 178 feet deep, static water level is 100 feet, pump is down 160 feet it under 60 feet of water. It uses just 1/2" poly pipe to the pump to well cap. I pierce a small hole in the pipe below frost line, this creates a small internal leak so the water will bleed off and not freeze in the winter.
well_cage.jpg
well_cage.jpg
waterfall.jpg
waterfall.jpg
well_cap.jpg
well_cap.jpg
well_mit.jpg
well_mit.jpg

bldginsp
# Posted: 20 Apr 2016 13:28

The variable voltage/AC-DC pumps are pretty amazing. Handles AC or DC, at any voltage between 90 and 270 or so. I looked at these so I could power with solar and switch to grid later without switching the pump. But they are very pricey, the Grundfos is like $2,000.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.