Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Shelterlogic Garage in a Box
rockies
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 19:18

This might be a good solution for protecting equipment or building materials during your construction phase.

http://www.shelterlogic.com/shop/garage-in-a-boxr-eff4c2

Just
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 19:45

No tool frame erection is the only way to go . 15 min. Versus 2hr.for a bolt together frame..

rockies
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 19:56

Not sure what you mean. Can you give an example?

Just
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 20:10

That frame you show has about 200 bolts to erect it they make one with 2 in. Tubing that fits together with no bolts not sure of a brand name we have had ours for 15 years . We also have a bolt togeather one would you like to buy it ."?

crowsnest2002
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 09:28

https://m.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html

NorthRick
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 17:53

I bought the one rockies posted the link to. I think there were more than 200 bolts. Anyway, it didn't survive the winter. I thought the peaked roof would shed snow. Nope. Next spring found a jumbled mass of plastic and bent tubing.

creeky
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 20:47

Ditto with the short lifespan. Mine lasted a few years. Then it was tarps tarps and more tarps.

Now if I could find one with better material. Those cheapies just don't last.

Wilbour
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 21:45 - Edited by: Wilbour

Too bad the winds off of lake ontario would kill this in 10 mins.

darz5150
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 21:58

I've had good luck with my shelter logic 10 x12. 6 years old now and the only hole is in the roof where a tree branch fell and poked thru. But I don't have big snow loads and its not got full time sun exposure. The zippers still work too.

creeky
# Posted: 14 Apr 2018 15:27

Anybody with good ideas as to replacement tarp material?

darz5150
# Posted: 14 Apr 2018 18:35

Creeky. They have replacement tarps from shelter logic. They have have different thicknesses available.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.