Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Surviving a Heart Attack Alone
rockies
# Posted: 6 Nov 2018 19:45

If you are up at the cabin and suffer a heart attack, what should you do until help arrives?

https://www.retireathome.com/surviving-heart-attack/

old243
# Posted: 7 Nov 2018 09:21

Very good advice. I had a heart attack several years ago. Actually I was in the bush cutting fire wood, Snow was deep, I had my atv. Didn't have pain , just felt weird. Burping a lot , thought I had gas . Finally went to the house, my wife was away. At this point I should have called 911. I drove myself to the local ambulance depot nobody home. Met a police officer on patrol, hailed him. He called an ambulance, and drove rapidly to meet it half way. Was taken to the hospital.
Still no pain , after doing blood tests they kept me . The next day I was taken to a heart center, where I had stents put in. Had 90% blockage in a heart artery Have been been ok since. On pills to reduce blood pressure etc. I made some of the mistakes , described in the article.. Consider myself lucky. old243

Wilbour
# Posted: 7 Nov 2018 16:33

Geeze Old243,

You were a lucky man. Glad you pulled through.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.