Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Best Built Custom Camps
timbergrl
# Posted: 26 Mar 2011 15:05

Kuhns Construction LLC.
Owner-Marshall "Mac" Kuhns based in Taberg, N.Y.
Sub-Contractor for Christmas & Assoc. Land and Camps LLC.

www.kuhnsconstruction.com
www.landandcamps.com

Mac is a former SU football player (1974-1977). Grew up on a horse farm in Waterford PA. His father owned his own lumber company & raised quarter horses. He graduated from SU with degree in Physical Education, taught and coached at Camden Central Schools where he mentored/coached the owner of Christmas & Assoc. Mr. Daniel Christmas. He then went to work for the State of NY Directing Youth Facilities. After 25 years of dealing with delinquent youths, he decided he needed to get back to nature and moved back up to Northern NY and began his own construction company building camps for his long time friend Dan Christmas.

Several Styles of Camp available, but can be custom built too.
5 Acres of land included with most camp sales. Tons of references and land/camp choices.

Enjoy.
PS.....Mac Kuhns is my Father. I'm one lucky girl! So are his twin grandsons!

hattie
# Posted: 26 Mar 2011 21:54

Those are really nice looking cabins timbergrl. *S*

Gary O
# Posted: 26 Mar 2011 23:59

Love the styles.
Not too dressy, or over done.
True cabins.
Nicely put together.
Did I miss the pricing, or is it a pick and quote situation?
I'd really like to see at least a ballpark price example.
Saves a lot of inquirey traffic.

Thanks for showing these, timbergrl.
Now to wipe the saliva from my beard....

Gary O'

Vince P
# Posted: 27 Mar 2011 05:18 - Edited by: Vince P

I can vouch for Mac.
He built the rough shell on my camp and I couldn't say more about the quality of construction. He was extremely honest and fair and I hold him in the highest regards for anyone needing this type of service.
Here are some pics of mine:
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_109_0.html

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 27 Mar 2011 08:41

Those are really nice camps, your Dad is a true craftman with wood. Thanks for sharing with us. and BTW welcome to the forum.

timbergrl
# Posted: 27 Mar 2011 13:27

For pricing on pre-designed camps such a "classic" or "hemlock" etc. go to www.landandcamps.com. You will be able to select cabin sales, then select any style and once again click on "more information" where it will then show you the price. These prices come from Christmas & Associates and usually include 5 acres of land. Some camps are built in sub-developments so this assures you some room between you and your neighbors. Sales associates for Christmas & Associates may not tell you directly that you can change any floor plans, styles etc. Buy for the size you want and then custom pick your siding, roof color & material and then see Kuhns Construction for the rest. We handle all building permits etc. Smaller camps can be built in a week. What holds back construction is building permits, payment from buyer, getting a road built to the camp (although Mac is known for hauling in materials by hand or on the Kubota through thick mud & snow just to get started on a camp). Classic camp 16 x 20 $25,900.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.