Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / This wacky weather :-(
Anonymous
# Posted: 23 Apr 2011 11:33

Well,here I sit,Easter Weekend.Can't do a thing on my land.My little creek,right now is a ragging river.The place looks like a rice patty field.But I'm trying to be optomistic.This crummy weather can't last for ever.

Kelly
# Posted: 28 Apr 2011 16:02

ha its true here too! i thought of investing in a raft and sell tickets! mines the same, we had some wood stumps and a chair for fishing on the top of our culvert driveway, their gone.... washed away! oh well come on you`d be bored if it was hot and sunny all yr round wouldn`t you! soon we`ll be complaining its too darn hot to do anything!! chin up!

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 28 Apr 2011 18:01

I live in the mountains of northeast tennessee. Who would think that multiple tornados would touch down in my area (Smokies) and kill 15+ people? You don't think that this weather event can happen in this region of the country. At my hospital, we have two patients whose trailer (on perm foundation) was picked up and rolled into a neighbor's garden. Mom was killed. Telephone poles were not only broken off but were pulled out of the ground to disappear completely. In the coming days, please pray for those, in my dear south, lost and their families.

bobrok
# Posted: 28 Apr 2011 20:23

Its so easy to commiserate about missing ur little cabin because of bad weather.
Please feel for those who no longer have a house to go home to.

Gary O
# Posted: 29 Apr 2011 09:27

Quoting: Erins#1Mom
In the coming days, please pray for those, in my dear south,

Yeah, weather does change ones plans.
Daily stuff seems so urgent, and pressing, then WHOOOSH, perspective gets all re-aligned.
Been thru a couple hurricanes, and a couple earth quakes, no tornados though....can't imagine.
Gotta be just pain horrific, during and after.

Things to do this weekend;
Paint the garage
Hang a new clothes line
Work over the budget

"Izzat a train?!!"
"We got no train!!??"

WHOOOSH!...

New list;
Find the garage
Find clothes
Budget did get worked over

But to be serious;
Perhaps an unkind word to or from a loved one in a hasty moment of anger were the last words heard....
A teen preparing for graduation and college, Dad, Mom, wife, husband, child....the most precious treasures earth has...gone...without regard........that kinda loss stays with ya, and gets passed down to those who weren't there, who come after, when their perspective needs alignment.

Tweat that.

My heart is with my southern brethren

bobrok
# Posted: 29 Apr 2011 09:47

This can't hold a candle to the South's devastation but I beg your indulgence, forum, for I will be living the cabin life vicariously through you kind folk for a while yet from the looks of things.

This is our little town about 7 miles from camp. There are probably a hundred or so miles of closed roads twisting through the Adirondacks as of this morning and scools are closed. The Hudson River (yes, that one, it starts in the ADKs not too far from me) is overflowing and that won't be good for places downstream, like NYC.

URL

That truck in the beginning of the video is a NYS stocking tanker looking for somewhere to drop the little fishies.

rayyy
# Posted: 29 Apr 2011 17:18

I feel for you Erin's mom.We seldome get tornado's up here in the north east.Blizards,floods and ice storms beat us up once in a while but no twister's.They are an amazing force of nature.

bobrok
# Posted: 29 Apr 2011 18:44

Watching the evening news about the tornado devastation, seeing people who have lost everything but thanking God they are alive and calling it a miracle. I am amazed at the faith of some.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.