Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / ***THE ROYAL WEDDING***
bobrok
# Posted: 25 Apr 2011 13:31

Hey folks,

With all of the Canadian members on the forum I've been curious as to everyone's take (US, too) on the upcoming royal wedding.

Well, now you folks don't have to get up in the middle of the night later this week to watch it on the telly.

I flew to the UK on business last week, and was able to sneak in to an actual rehearsal (don't ask for details, I'm tight lipped about this).

Nevertheless, I had my cell phone camera rolling and was able to surreptitiously film it, and they never even caught me!!!

You can all thank me later for the extra sleep you got.

bob

URL

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 09:00

OK, first thought,
Why would I want to see the rehearsal, let alone the wedding.
Then,
Well it's from bob, so might have a nugget of something redeemable.

Watching video:

Yup, a rehearsal
Boy, these guys really can relax
Wait j-u-u-u-u-u-st a minute here, no way

Well, that is them alright.
Boy, these guys really can let go

Well, that is them alright
Boy, Kate and William really can boogie (for Brits anyway)

Well, the guest stand ins could be very close friends (very close)

Well, that really does look like the queen, not really getting down, but a bit loose however..
Wait j-u-u-u-u-u-st a minute here...bob posted this.......

Nice try, bob
Those stand ins were well selected, especially Fergie.....unless

Jolly good show, old bean.

hattie
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 12:53

bobrok...Thanks for posting this...This is just too good! *S* You made my day....

and, yes, I will be one of the crazies who gets up in the wee hours to watch it live...I did for Diana and I'll do it for her son. *S* Hubby said, "why not just watch the reruns"? but it's just not the same. *grin*

naturelover66
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 15:22

I watched Charles and Diana tie the knot with my girlfriends in 1981. I was just a kid then and staying up all night was fun.

Now, im kinda sick of hearing about it. lol......

Anonymous
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 15:49

I don't understand why anyone would bother taking any time at all to watch the event. Monarchies have outlived their time.

A Canadian living in USA

Anonymous
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 17:52

I AGREE !!!!!!!!

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 18:00

Looks like the vote is.....Anonymous

MtnDon
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 18:05

I didn't realize I was signed out. anon #1 was me

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Apr 2011 19:27 - Edited by: Gary O

Quoting: hattie
and, yes, I will be one of the crazies who gets up in the wee hours to watch it live

Well, these days, the only thing I get up for in the wee hours is to wee...come to think about it, that might why it's called 'the wee hours'.

Quoting: Anonymous
I don't understand why anyone would bother

Yeah, I tend to agree, but royalty is royalty......kinda like great aunt Agatha's old vase handed down to your living room...just can't quite throw it away....'cause when relatives come over, ya gotta show 'em ya still got it.
In my youth, when greenskeeping at a posh private golf course, and in the process of mowing a tee, I shut down my equipment while a couple members were teeing up. These guys were owners of things......like NFL teams.
I asked, "Would any of you guys tell me the time?"
"Is he talking to you?"
Evidently, when I blatantly entered their realm, I became the third person....a botherance.....something to ignore, or an entity for fetching things.
My first taste of royal disdainment.
They couldn't even give me the time of day!

Yeah, let them eat cake...........I'd still like to watch the reverse of everything I stand for, however.

rayyy
# Posted: 2 May 2011 19:00

King's and queen's and pharaoh's and empiror's and prince and princesses???comeonnnnn,who you kidding?I can't understand for the life of me why people would ever place that much value in some individule.

Gary O
# Posted: 2 May 2011 19:23

Quoting: rayyy
I can't understand for the life of me why people would ever place that much value in some individule.

The lemming syndrome

Just
# Posted: 2 May 2011 19:53

Many people are lemmings of some sort,, following somthing is human nature.. Many Canadians are very proud of our royal family.

Just ; sayin

Gary O
# Posted: 2 May 2011 20:46

Quoting: Just
following somthing is human nature

Got that right
Guess that makes me a cabin lemming.
Been a follower of 'stuff' forever...people, not so much.
Had things I'd shine, maintain, enshrine, and show off, carefully use, insure, and just plain admire.
Sumpm snapped a few years back.
Now I finally admire my elders, and those before me (that tried to tell me something), and now I try to follow the previously unheeded advise........things, not so much any more.

Hope the cabin lasts a few generations, so some offspring will maybe do a little heeding of their own.
Yeah, Just, we all worship/follow/admire something.
Royal family? Why not? Whatever floats your royal flotilla.

Tally Ho

hattie
# Posted: 2 May 2011 22:14

With all the bleak, sadness in this world, it is heartening to watch something so exciting and full of hope....and the Brits do it so well. *S* I'm no lemming but I do enjoy watching happiness; and for me, that's what it was all about. *S*

Gary O
# Posted: 3 May 2011 08:37 - Edited by: Gary O

Quoting: hattie
I do enjoy watching happiness; and for me, that's what it was all about. *S*

Well put Hats
BTW, your (now trademark)"*S*", is it a smile or what Ethel says (bleeped out) on the Frank's Redhot commercial? cabi and I were wondering.
*S*, more than curious now..........just need a capper to your Hattie persona........

hattie
# Posted: 3 May 2011 12:13

Quoting: Gary O
is it a smile

yuppers...always *S* means smile :-) I never knew it could mean anything else. *LOL* (laughing out loud)

bobrok
# Posted: 3 May 2011 12:23

LMFAO

figger that one out!!! he he

8-x

Gary O
# Posted: 3 May 2011 13:19

Quoting: bobrok
figger that one out!!!

Pretty well have that down, bob.
But been usin' ROTSA lately (for my fishing buds)
ROTSA.JPG
ROTSA.JPG

hattie
# Posted: 3 May 2011 14:51

Quoting: bobrok
LMFAO

hehehe...I am familiar with that one as well. *grin*

Ya know....Hubby and I met online many, many, and a few more many moons ago when all this internet stuff was really new. We learned them all, but now there are newer ones out there (especially with this twittering going on and even shorter, shortforms are needed) that I still need to learn (or, at this stage in my life, don't need to learn). *grin* We used to make up our own little dictionaries of shortforms so we could understand what we were all saying to each other. *LOL*

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.