Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Hey NorthRick
Aklogcabin
# Posted: 2 Apr 2021 10:57

Hello, I could use help. Our daughter came home from slope n found she had covid. Me, beautiful wife n grandson are negative but have to quarantine.
How long do you think the snow will last near Trapper Creek ?
I have a couple snow bridges to cross. And the pilot we use in the non frozen months gets a bit twitchy when I mention hauling gasoline in his plane.
So I'm getting kinda nervous. Thanks man.

gcrank1
# Posted: 2 Apr 2021 11:30

Looks like 98%+ dont get symptoms even if they catch it and the (sadly) big die-off to those most susceptible has pretty much happened. Maybe different in yer neck o' the woods?
Dont fret, just conserve for two weeks and it will all settle out.

NorthRick
# Posted: 2 Apr 2021 14:27

It's always a guess on how long the trails will be passable to snowmachines but this year is looking to be farther into spring than normal. The low in Talkeetna this morning was 1F and it is supposed to stay mostly below freezing for the next 10 days.

I was up last weekend hauling lumber and sheetrock. Our trails are good and there is 3 feet of consolidated snow on the ground at our cabin. I plan to head up every weekend until I can't get in. I've got 15 bundles of insulation to pick up this afternoon and will be hauling that out tomorrow.

I don't think I'd let a quarantine stop me, as it is easy enough to keep my distance from people if I need to. However, I got my 2nd Moderna shot a week ago and I'm not too worried about covid anymore.

NorthRick
# Posted: 2 Apr 2021 14:37

Here's today's report from the Mid-Valley Trail Club:

April 1 - no fooling - chilly but nice ride out to trapper lake this evening. Trails in great shape. River crossing looks the same as a month ago! WOW - what a difference from a couple years ago.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 3 Apr 2021 10:11

Thanks man

NorthRick
# Posted: 4 Apr 2021 12:50

I'm at the cabin now. 26F and it has been snowing non stop for 24 hours.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.