Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Taking a Nap
darz5150
# Posted: 30 Aug 2021 00:04

We've had hot spell here lately. So I've limited my outdoor activities, to being inside in the AC, thinking about outdoor activities. I've found out that taking a nap is a double edge sword. When I take a nap in the hot afternoon. While not really watching tv. I wake up more refreshed, not sweaty. But it seems like while I am napping, I think of 20 things that needs to be done outside.
Anyhoos. Here's a tip for anyone thinking about napping.
Screenshot_20210409.png
Screenshot_20210409.png

paulz
# Posted: 30 Aug 2021 10:58

It's funny, I can sit up all night reading, but come in for lunch, sit back for 2 minutes and I'm out. If I'm lucky, I'll wake up 15 minutes later, refreshed and ready for the afternoon shift. If not, I'll sleep for an hour and drag my groggy butt around for the rest of the day.

ICC
# Posted: 30 Aug 2021 13:33

An afternoon nap should only be 20 to 25 minutes from what I have read. Having a cup of coffee just before the nap can be great. The caffeine does not kick in right away; it take 20 - 25 minutes for that to happen.

paulz
# Posted: 30 Aug 2021 16:14

Yeah I've noticed that some mornings. I'll get up early, have coffee, still feel tired, lay back down and go to sleep for a half hour more. Feel much better after.

ICC
# Posted: 30 Aug 2021 17:18 - Edited by: ICC

Virtually all mornings I get up about 6 and head out the door for an hour walk/hike. I have several trails around home to choose from. When I get back I drink my breakfast, a big smoothie. Spinach, kale, avocado, apple, blueberries, carrots, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and almonds, water as needed, maybe 3/4 cup. No coffee until right after lunch and right before my nap as mentioned above.

krstrout1
# Posted: 1 Sep 2021 08:14

Man I can not wait to be able to experience a nap in the afternoon or for that mater mid morning. I will fully retire on 31 Dec 2021 and the wife and I will move to the cabin full time. Cheers 🥂 to all you nappers, and can't wait to join the club.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.