Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / To my Canada friends
neb
# Posted: 15 May 2011 21:27

Any snow left up there. I have a son in Sak. and he is way up north just wondering if the snow is gone. I have know contact with him because of no cell service.

farfromhome
# Posted: 16 May 2011 08:38

No snow at my cabin. I was up there on the weekend mowing grass. It was 12 inches in some spots. Haven't seen snow since the end of March. Now rain is a different story.

neb
# Posted: 16 May 2011 20:59

farfromhome

Are the bear's out in full force now?

hattie
# Posted: 17 May 2011 00:14

We're in BC and there is still snow at about 3,500 ft in the shady spots. The bears are coming out. We have 3 cubs (guess Mom got shot) wandering town. Won't be long til the cubs die though. A conservation officer was in town - said he knew a place that would take the cubs alive, but he couldn't find them.

farfromhome
# Posted: 17 May 2011 10:37

No bears near my cabin, however the coyotes are very active this spring. Ran over (by accident) a large snapping turtle with the tractor on the weekend.

avan
# Posted: 18 May 2011 23:55 - Edited by: avan

up north last week, there are ice in the lake and a foot of snow in the park road (mt -Tremblant national park). At our land (extreme south of quebec) it have only patch of snow from there to there. The stream on our land make lots of damage to our neibourgh road and bridge. Nothing to our, i'm glad to have make it high. I see trace on the bank, that the water was having come very very close to our bridge. I have a big 16-20inchx20feet log that i usualy use as seat close to a fall that have just disapear like all the thumble rock all along the stream.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.