Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Where did you and your significant other meet?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 .
wakeslayer
# Posted: 27 Apr 2012 18:17

You seem to be able to meet people. Just keep doing it. But, my friend, just roll with whatever happens.

If you don't value her "friendship" why send the email? You want more than that. She isn't sabotaging anything. She was honest with you. If you guys don't click, that's it. There doesn't have to be anyone else.

Move on.

livefree
# Posted: 1 Jun 2012 16:49

You have to be happy by yourself before you can be happy with someone. Its usually when your liking being single that you find someone you want to be with.

My boyfriend did the nice thing before we started dating, he helped me change the oil in my car, and gave me good advice and helped me find a mountain bike. We were friends first, I think thats key.

I'll tell my story.. We met at work, security at an isolated camp. We hung out some but were on opposite shift so only saw eachother when the other worked overtime. We only saw eachother at work and he lived in another province. We ended up kissing and I thought it was awkward and nothing more really happened.
We kept in touch, about a year later we starting talking online a lot as we both had very boring, lonely lives (both lived in strange cities where we knew no one). I ended up moving 5 hours away from him and he came down and saw me on the weekends for about a month as just friends and then things got physical, he completely opened up and I could actually see him as himself. We started dating, I moved in with him two months later because I wanted to give the relationship a real shot. Its been over a year now and hes my best friend, we have a lot in common which we didn't when we first met. We have a great time together and I dunno, it just works and feels right. Even after the rose coloured glasses are off, he is just good to be around. I think that is key. Anyway.. theres my long story

PS.. I think internet dating is a waste of time personally. Your better off just making an effort to try doing things on your own, and if you meet someone, great!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 1 Jun 2012 16:53

Quoting: livefree
You have to be happy by yourself before you can be happy with someone. Its usually when your liking being single that you find someone you want to be with.

good post!!!!!

i wonder what happened to ole marlin 97.....did he get married yet!!!!

97Marlin
# Posted: 1 Jun 2012 17:28

I am still here! I am getting married tomorrow!

Okay, not really. That girl I liked a LOT--I guess she just felt no chemistry. I'm sorry this is the case, but I can't attribute it to anything else. I asked by e-mail what went wrong, and it wasn't anything major, but a few annoying things that were either no big deal if she felt chemistry, or could have been resolved by effective communication, again, if there was chemistry, but they became dealbreakers because she was looking for anything to make it NOT work.

I have since gone out with someone who is a friend of a friend. She seems to like me, but she has 3 young kids. I doubt I can deal with that. And, I tried the internet again, and usually had little luck. I went out with one girl a few weeks ago, and heard nothing back, and contacted two other girls who responded in the meantime. One I really like a lot, and I am going out to dinner with her later tonight. The second I heard nothing from and then, all of a sudden, she responded and seems interested in me. Then, the one I went out with a few weeks ago responded and she seems to like me and wants to get together again. I really like the one I am meeting later tonight the best, so I am hopeful this one shall work out.

With 4 girls interested all at once, I just have to try and keep their names straight. Hopefully the one tonight will work out and I can politely decline the interest of the others.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 1 Jun 2012 19:11

and he surfaced!!!!!!

Quoting: 97Marlin
With 4 girls interested all at once, I just have to try and keep their names straight

just call them all baby...and you can never go wrong...at least that what i heard from a ole fellow one time...

have you tried 'craigs list' or "backpage" ???...LOL

good luck on your search!!!!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 2 Jun 2012 05:28

Just call them all BABY???? Omg!!! Men.

trollbridge
# Posted: 2 Jun 2012 11:46

Quoting: naturelover66
Just call them all BABY???? Omg!!! Men

You crack me up naturelover------give him hell!!!!!!

Better watch it TH! LOL!

Good luck marlin!

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jun 2012 09:19

Quoting: turkeyhunter
have you tried 'craigs list' or "backpage" ???...

oh Lordy.well i suppose this is pretty good advice turkeyhunter...and to call them all baby is endearing to us gals and yes! u cannt go wrong there.snicker.
i like Marlins honesty.
Marlin,u sound like a pretty good guy.know this and hang in there!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 3 Jun 2012 15:14

Quoting: cabingal3
oh Lordy.well i suppose this is pretty good advice turkeyhunter...and to call them all baby is endearing to us gals and yes! u cannt go wrong there.snicker

i was just joking with him about CL and BB.,......

but if he calls them all baby---he will have no problem remembering their name...LOL......

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jun 2012 17:42

hee hee.i know.too funny.

countryred
# Posted: 4 Jun 2012 09:47

I didn't find the right one until I was 40. After several relationships that were just not right, I had just about given up hope. I knew on the first date, and exactly one year later we were married. We meet online, visited for a week on the phone, and met 1/2 way.

Good luck and keep trying

trollbridge
# Posted: 4 Jun 2012 09:54

How did the date go marlin? Did ya call her 'baby'???!!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 4 Jun 2012 16:16

Hopefully he did not.
Hopefully mr studly marlin kept their names straight.

97Marlin
# Posted: 4 Jun 2012 16:30

Well, the thing about 4 going at once was amusing...

The one with the kids...still rather odd...don't know if I can deal with kids...

The one I went out with Friday...I liked her a LOT before we met, and she seemed interested in me. We had good conversations by e-mail and by phone. The date. I thought it went well. She responded on Sunday that she would like to be friends, as I am a real gentleman and deserve to meet that special someone (but just not her). She said that she just didn't feel a spark.

That is the typical response lately...I'm a nice guy, but there just isn't a spark.

The other two...I don't think they have anyone else, but they aren't making much of an effort to try to make it work with me.

Might be back to square one soon.

Anonymous
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 11:40

I met my Wife while trying to find her brother in law who owed me some money.

I did not find him but I found her.

We were both 19.

15 days later we were married!

That happened in 1956.

We have 3 children, 2 Grand children & 1 Great Grand child!

Not smooth sailing ALL the way but we stayed on the same ship.

We are the focal point of our extended family.

Cotton Picker

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 14:44

Quoting: Anonymous
15 days later we were married

Wow...now that is moving quickly!!!! It's true...ya never know where you may meet someone!

Marlin...are you going to give it a try with the woman with kids? It may be the biggest blessing of your life.

Cotton Picker
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 15:48

LOL!!!

I tell my Wife that she was ripe for the plucking & I was the "PLUCKER".

Cottton Picker

97Marlin
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 19:58

Update:

The girl with the three kids still seems interested in me. I haven't seen her since the first date awhile ago, but she has kids to deal with.

No. 2--the girl I went out with once--she seems to have fallen off the face of the earth!

No. 3--seemed interested in me, and decided there was no chemistry before we met, so that fell apart.

No. 4--I liked this girl a LOT and we hit it off via e-mail and by telephone. I liked her in real life. She said I was a true gentleman, but she felt no spark.

So, I have met a fifth girl on the internet who seems really cool. I just hope that in person she likes me.

I seem to be able to attract a few girls with kids, or, if no kids, I am okay on the internet or by phone, but, in person, it tends to fall apart for lack of a spark, connection, or chemistry.

If the two of you or us are good people, I have trouble understanding why a spark, chemistry, or connection is important????? Generally, I feel I like someone, but the feelings are not usually reciprocated.

naturelover66
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 20:18

So....... Do you have a date planned with lucky number 5?
And are these kids with number 1 young? You may even like the kids after getting to know them? You never know.......

Regardless of your " population growth" opinion...... people do fall in love and have children . Its just the way it is. Just because you havent experienced the parent/ child bond....... doesnt mean you cant love a child. Open your mind and heart a little?

97Marlin
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 21:36

Well, the kids stole something from the store and she marched them into the police station! I coudn't deal with this.

I am hoping to go out with lucky No. 5. She told me that she has been on several dates and most don't make it beyond date no. 1 as she said she is picky. That's the trouble...girls are way too picky and want to feel chemistry...little of which I've got!

Anonymous
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 22:22

dude its cause your an average at best joe who keeps going after supermodels , try lowered expectations dating service

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 23:12

Marlin,
How is it going with your home being on the market? Have you had many people look?

I know you are not whippy about children but I think you should go on a date with this woman-what do you have to lose? It could be the greatest thing you've ever done and the kids are already here so you wouldn't be adding to the population in any way. How old are they?

neb
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 23:19

If I where you I would get involved in every group or organization in your town. Keep yourself busy with activities and you may find someone that way. That #5 I wouldn't bother going on that date it is what it is. If it is suppose to be it will happen and if not it won't. I think you are trying way to hard just enjoy your hobbies and life and things may happen for you. People these days are not getting hitched like they have in the past and that may not be all bad.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.