Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Canehdian Hockey Fans
hattie
# Posted: 11 Jun 2011 14:25

Okay - so I will confess that I'm not a real hockey fan, but living in BC it's pretty hard not to get caught up in all the excitement. Hubby isn't allowed to watch the games because they always lose when he watches. Anyway, I thought if there are any Canadian fans out there, they might enjoy these.......

Just
# Posted: 11 Jun 2011 17:10

You fokes looked to be getting a little excited in Vancover last night , great game 1 more win keep the faith !!

sabiggs
# Posted: 11 Jun 2011 18:18

Bruins all the way. Go B's.

naturelover66
# Posted: 11 Jun 2011 18:47

Well, as die hard Red Wings fans...... we are ofcourse disappointed...but, if a Canadian team is ever in the playoffs when the Wings are out...... we always cheer for them.
So, Go Vancouver !!!!

Gary O
# Posted: 11 Jun 2011 20:21 - Edited by: Gary O

Yeah, my Hawks have yet again given others the chance at Lord Stanley's Mug....so, raisin' the glass to the two left....maybe the Canucks can win it this time
HAWKS.jpg
HAWKS.jpg

naturelover66
# Posted: 14 Jun 2011 14:15

Can you believe what happened to Vancouver last night ??
Then again............. nothing like GAME 7 !!!

Just
# Posted: 14 Jun 2011 15:38

OUCH !!

hattie
# Posted: 14 Jun 2011 16:51

:-(

naturelover66
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 20:46

HATTIE !! Are ya watching ?? Ofcourse you are......
Im sure Vancouver will win tonight........at home...... the fans will go crazy...... the ppl will rejoice. God i love hockey !!!!
My husband and I especially love to see the enthusiasm of the Canadian ppl during the Anthem. Always singing as loud as they can........ the Arena booming.
Ok..... back to the game !!!!

hattie
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 21:09

naturelover66 - I'm just flipping back and forth to the game - Hubby is bad luck if he watches it. *S* Just finished watching the news and it is CRAZY in downtown Vancouver right now. They guestimate over 100,000 people!!! There are so many people the police are lifting women and children over the barricades to get them out because people are getting claustrophobic and starting to panic.

Just
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 22:33

not looking good just got home from cards what happend Hats' you were in charge???

Gary O
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 22:49

Quoting: hattie
Hubby is bad luck if he watches it

No Hat trick for the Canucks tonight...sigh....least it went seven....
Hubby of hats, be glad you didn't watch.....

hattie
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 23:24 - Edited by: hattie

We're number 2.....We're number 2....
*sigh*
:-(
Shame on those in Vancouver who were responsible for so much vandalism after the game.

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 07:49

So.... disappointing. Oh well.......

sabiggs
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 08:58

It's a beautiful day in Boston today.

Congrats to the Canucks for a great season. There's a lot of talent on that team. Injuries really hurt them in the end I think.

bugs
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 10:53

I really enjoyed the game. The series was definitely an interesting one after the first game which the guys in stripes made a mess of.

I found it interesting there was so much Cdn /American flag waving going on but when you go through the rosters both sides (all teams I guess now in the NHL) are truly international. Hockey has become very much like soccer..... But a well played/even a mediocre hockey game is much better than a good soccer game in my books.

Too bad about the YOB's (young over-sexed blokes) ruining things tho.

nicalisa
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 20:57

It is funny, today in BC, people were still wearing their Canucks gear and being proud of our team. You heard lots of next year, it is ours, and hey number 2 is not so bad:)

At the same time we were embarrassed over what happened to the downtown core. People were leaving their condos with their own garbage bags to help the city cleaners bag up the mess that was left. Everyone was talking about how awful those people were to represent our beautiful city and the millions that live here in that way.

Those are not hockey fans they are just pathetic and if they were my boys.... well, lets just say that I am glad that mine are still babies and I don't have to consider the or else!!

paulz
# Posted: 15 Apr 2017 19:31 - Edited by: paulz

I've played and watched sports all my life (60), however being from a warmer climate hockey was never one of them.

Smawgunner
# Posted: 16 Apr 2017 17:17

GO CBJ!!!

spoofer
# Posted: 16 Apr 2017 19:55

GO RANGERS !!!

Bancroft bound
# Posted: 16 Apr 2017 20:00

Can't leave the Leaf's out of this thread!!!!!

Cowracer
# Posted: 16 Apr 2017 22:40

Lets Go BLUES!

Tim

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.