Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Slammed
ICC
# Posted: 11 Oct 2022 13:47 - Edited by: ICC

So I'm visiting in the big city today... not quite 600,000 people but it IS big for NM. Anyhow, the southwest is the place where low riders originated. Saw this at the grocer. This old Chevy kinda grows on you if you lean that way...

I had a few slammed vehicles when younger. They were Hot Wheels type of things that had been stepped on.
slam1
slam1
slam2
slam2

gcrank1
# Posted: 11 Oct 2022 16:30

Lots easier to load heavy stuff into the bed that way
Paul, there's yer new curbside troller!

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 11 Oct 2022 20:01

Quoting: gcrank1

It’s crazy how high modern trucks have gotten. The bed rail on my 2021 Chevy 3500 is so high I have to climb in to get almost anything.

ICC
# Posted: 11 Oct 2022 20:52

It is kinda cool to see the low rider raise itself before driving off. The driver must remember though as a friend of mine has found out twice. It is not fun and messy when the oil pan drain plug is dragged and comes off.

Many modern pickups are nutty crazy high. Higher than my 1 ton 4x4 dually work truck.

rpe
# Posted: 12 Oct 2022 09:24

That's a cool looking truck. A local kid here used to have a rig like that. Apparently he had sacrificial scrapers (trailer hitch balls) mounted under the frame at the rear. He'd head down the highway, and drop the rear end down so the balls would drag on the asphalt creating a shower of sparks behind. I'm sure the other drivers must have been thrilled with the antics.

lburners
# Posted: 12 Oct 2022 20:12 - Edited by: lburners

I have had a couple dropped pickups. They hug the road but it can be a rough ride. Guessing the airbag rigs provide a more comfortable experience.
Would love to have another but this cabin project makes it a no go. Always enjoyed the mini trucks.

ICC
# Posted: 12 Oct 2022 22:14

I like a modded airbag suspension as one can drop the vehicle when parked to look cool, but raise it to drive normal. A well done airbag system can ride very nicely.

I have a hi-lo airbag system on my PV544 Volvo. So does my bus

ICC
# Posted: 12 Oct 2022 22:18

Re kids with dropped car and spark skids... Kids do lots of nutty things. Some kids are quite old.

Did anyone here ever install a sparkplug in a tailpipe on an old manual choke equipped car? With a vibrator/trembler coil to supply spark current. Ya' could shoot impressive flames out the tailpipes.

paulz
# Posted: 13 Oct 2022 10:05 - Edited by: paulz

Quoting: gcrank1
Paul, there's yer new curbside troller!

I'm not keen on the slammed look, to me it looks like spending a lot of money to look like you have four flat tires, especially on rusted, dented old vehicles. To each his own, just aesthetics. I do like the look of lowered vehicles that still appear drivable, and it does help the cornering if you're into that. My '66 Vette is dropped about an inch all around.

Pickup beds.. I agree the modern pickups have lost much of their ease of use, apparently in the sake of looking tougher than the next guy. I can reach anything in the bed of my Ranger with ease, and it's a 4x4. My old Blazer is a little tougher being a full size but it still looks low compared to a new pickup. I also have a 2wd Chevy S10 I haul motorcycles with. I load and unload without even climbing into the bed, just walk alongside.
Noname.jpg
Noname.jpg

lburners
# Posted: 13 Oct 2022 22:39

The big truck thing seems a bit ridiculous to me as well. Unless you are towing big loads the smaller trucks seem more convenient in pretty much every aspect.
I have had s10s toyota pups and nissan frontiers and they have done everything I have needed them to.

paulz
# Posted: 14 Oct 2022 17:07

Speaking of flat tires, took my wife for her annual visit to the neurologist this morning. This Volvo has been there, with the flat, for years. It had a cover on it last year, must have recently come off because it looks pretty clean.
20221014_092811.jpg
20221014_092811.jpg

ICC
# Posted: 14 Oct 2022 17:43

P1800. Long time ago I had a P1800ES.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.