Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / 5 days until 70
gcrank1
# Posted: 29 Jan 2023 17:49

No, not 70*F, but I wish!
70th b-day coming, and mid Dec 2019 I had quad-bypass 'cause I was a walking fatal heart attack.
Doin great, this aft I went for about a mile snowshoe trek since we finally got enough snow to justify s-shoes. Mostly sunny, 17*F, hardly any wind; it was glorious!

Nobadays
# Posted: 29 Jan 2023 20:00

Dang that explains why you were MIA earlier... glad your health is improving! I'm a couple years behind you on birthdays.

We are back in AZ, been snowy and cold since we got back! Still warmer and a lot less work than the cabin in the winter!

ICC
# Posted: 30 Jan 2023 22:13

You are still a youngster... says the guy who will be 77 soon.

I am hugely enjoying not having to plow or shovel snow this winter. My grandkids are managing the snow clearing quite well while I enjoy the mostly sunny 70-ish F daytime temperatures and fishing around La Paz.

gcrank1
# Posted: 30 Jan 2023 22:24 - Edited by: gcrank1

Winter....not my fav, but like so many things in life,
If ya cant get out of it,
Get into it!
La Paz, hmmm, expecting youre in Baja not Bolivia?

frankpaige
# Posted: 30 Jan 2023 22:48

75 here. January/February are not my favs. Too cold and short days at the cabin. Have this idea that 2023 is going to be grand year at the place. Sittin and Spitting! Does it get much better?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 31 Jan 2023 08:36

Just a pup at 62

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 31 Jan 2023 12:56

Oh yeah just a pup. Eh I think I can get my neck connected back on. Surgeon put a plate n screws on the front. I was cutting my spinal cord in half. Had to stop n have it fixed. Wouldn't you know, broken again. Bolts n rods in the back this time. You'll have that.
Darn nerve in my elbow keeps going back to where the Good Lord put it, Surgeon gets teed at me. Only had a couple surgeries. Shoulder wore out. Cut off just above elbow n the cups artificial. Great Dr's eh. Cut my arm off n fixed it.
Eh, there's a plan. Chill n go have fun

gcrank1
# Posted: 14 Jan 2024 18:07 - Edited by: gcrank1

Interesting week this last.....
Fri 1-5-24, 8:30ish am my wife hears a crash, comes into the kitchen and Im sprawled out, no pulse. I never felt a thing coming on.
She dials 911 and starts CPR, about 3min later a cty deputy shows up and takes over CPR. Neither got anything. A few min later EMTs, with the 'paddles'. It took 4 times to get my heart started again.
When I next became conscious I was in an ICU (again!), figured it must be Fri aft; NO it was 3 days later. Made my escape from there on Thur.
Have a defib unit now and a bunch of dr aptmts, likely rehab therapy, fine tuning the defib, etc.
Looks like I'll make my Feb 3 B-Day of 71 but nobody here would have bet that on Fri 1-5.
Oh yeah, the really important part.....finalizing our pre-built 12.5 x 28 Log cabin for spring delivery.

paulz
# Posted: 14 Jan 2024 19:45 - Edited by: paulz

Way to hang in there gc! Probably that new cabin build kept you going.

Nobadays
# Posted: 14 Jan 2024 19:53

Keep on chugging! Do the Phisio and get stronger!

gcrank1
# Posted: 14 Jan 2024 21:25 - Edited by: gcrank1

Roger that!
I am pretty wimpy, in the chest compressions they bruised and cracked some ribs.
A friend suggested today that perhaps my motorcycle/deer accident of this past Aug 10 contributed. I was slammed/hammered into the road at 35-40mph mostly on my left ribcage and maybe broke a rib (along with massive road-rash and a partly dislocated shoulder) It mostly healed up about a month ago (about Christmas/New Years), now 'compromised' again.......
He suggested I may have had some blood clot(s) break loose from that and.....

spencerin
# Posted: 14 Jan 2024 23:31

The cabin has yet to be finished, so it's not your time yet.....

FishHog
# Posted: 15 Jan 2024 08:35

Wow. Scary stuff especially for the wife. But glad you pulled through to tell us about it
Best wishes for a fast and full recovery

ICC
# Posted: 15 Jan 2024 09:05 - Edited by: ICC

It is not uncommon to crack ribs when doing CPR, even on younger people. Bruises are common.

Glad the first responders did their thing well and you are still with us. I hope the doctors figure out the cause and have a treatment. Do whatever they recommend.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 15 Jan 2024 09:50

Great to see you are recovering. Will say a prayer for you and your family

gcrank1
# Posted: 15 Jan 2024 11:06

Thanx all!
This underscores that from time to time we realize we havent seen someone post for a good bit, just gone.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.