Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / 69 Rancho
Aklogcabin
# Posted: 28 Jul 2023 13:07

I was able to buy a 69 Rancho to get back n forth hauling supplies for the cabin. And for just goofing off.
351w with a 4 speed trany. 22,000 miles. Locking rear end. It was more of a bush/ barn find. Very little rust. Rear bottom of the quarter panels. I'll clean it up n go slow with the engine and get it running. Not many of these around.
Also scored a Ford 800 series boom truck. Hydrologic boom with a winch in it. And it runs n drives n boom work's great. And I got a 83 GMC Jimmy 4x4. 72,000 miles body needs new rocker panels but the rest ok. The transmission isn't working. I have others I can install. But for free worth towing home.
Beautiful wife got a Honda 4 wheeler.
I enjoy working on these classics and fixing them up. But the Rancho is quite a rare find
Needs cleaning
Needs cleaning
Inside
Inside
Truck
Truck
Nanas wheeler
Nanas wheeler

Nobadays
# Posted: 28 Jul 2023 20:15

I'm going to build a small pole building later this year..... mind bringing that boom truck down to southern colorado and lending a hand?

gcrank1
# Posted: 28 Jul 2023 20:28

Nice find on the Ranchero!

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 31 Jul 2023 11:02

Thanks, I like the cabin and like ol rides tooooo

KinAlberta
# Posted: 6 Aug 2023 23:27

Great find

A friend of mine loves the Australian utes which led me to the Aussie history below, but I see that the Ranchero is covered under the second article.

Ute (vehicle) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_(vehicle)

Coupé utility - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupé_utility

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 7 Aug 2023 11:05

Yeah I found that out also. Although I believe that maybe they call it a falcon. They actually make a lot of sense. We have a 79 El Camino that we use all summer long as a work truck. And it's fun to drive.
I got the boom truck fired up. Runs OK but I need to fine tune it. Best part is that all the hydrolics work on the boom.
I also got a 86 gmc jimmy. Like a blaser. For towing it away. Engine is good, tranny suspect. But a cool truck. I'll flip it.
Cool cabins n cool rides

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.