Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Been looking for an old flintlock musket to hang over my fireplace.
rayyy
# Posted: 27 Jun 2011 19:43

I just like the look of it with my deer antlers and snowshoes.Got old rustic lantern style light fixtures for my cabin.I built 2 jelly cabinets and want to build a dry sink for the place.I built a punch tin candle lantern and have made my own bees wax candles,too.(just for decore)Tried my hand at oil painting a few years back.Got a few favorites to hang on the walls.Adiirondak style discribes my tast in decore.

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 Jun 2011 19:59

can we see all this good stuff??

rayyy
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 19:17

Here are some of my best paintings.
barn_dogs_retirement.jpg
barn_dogs_retirement.jpg
boug_and_beauty.JPG
boug_and_beauty.JPG
ocean_sunset.JPG
ocean_sunset.JPG
the_three_boys_is_la.jpg
the_three_boys_is_la.jpg

rayyy
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 19:36

the jelly cabinet,pie safe and on top are the beeswax candles,and candle mold,also the punch tin lantern.
pie_safes_001.JPG
pie_safes_001.JPG
pie_safes_002.JPG
pie_safes_002.JPG

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 20:06

There lots of kits on the internet you can buy for a couple of hundred bucks. try ebay

naturelover66
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 20:17

Very Nice Rayyy

Rob_O
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 20:20

Very nice work!

Borrego
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 21:54

Most gun stores have a few non working models for sale. I think it's a great idea and I plan on doing it myself. I'm thinkin an old Winchester....

mhillard
# Posted: 16 Jul 2011 09:56 - Edited by: mhillard

Depending on what state you live in, keep an eye open for local gun shows. In MD they travel around the state, usually appearing at the local county fair grounds about twice a year. it will cost you a few bucks to get in, but you will typically find just about any kind of gun you want- including old, should never be fired again, relics. Borrego above mentioned Winchesters- if you are looking for one of those be prepared to pay. Winchesters are highly collectable and sought after (depending on the model sometimes even in pretty rough condition), so unless your cabin is really secure you may not want to go there. But if you are just looking for an old musket or maybe a double-barrel hammer-gun shotgun to hang on the wall and don't really care about the make/model, a gun show would be the place to look.

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Jul 2011 13:20

Ive been looking for something similar for my husband...... as a surprise ofcourse.
Ive looked at antiqueguns.com and gunbroker.com
Good Luck !!
Lisa

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 17 Jul 2011 13:11 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

my brother picked this one up for me at a yard sale 2 years ago, he called and asked of i want ole muzzleloader and a bow for 30 for both-----sure,,,,,,,,,,,thought maybe a CVA cheapie......he called that night when he got home, and said it was a Thompson Center 54 cal, with a pound of black powder ---i was on my way

i called Thompson Cneter it was made in the 70's and sold as a unfinished kit, walnut stock etc. I bought a browning soultion for the barrell and will oil rub the stock, it's headed to the wall at the new cabin. ( i found some local poured 54 cal. lead for it for 8 bucks for 25 rounds--which i bought)

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Jul 2011 15:55

T/H, I have the same rifle. Bought it new as a "kit" and finished it myself. Its also a Thompson Center Hawken in .54 caliber. Still have it, havent shot it in years. The kit was fun.

Borrego
# Posted: 17 Jul 2011 17:08

Ah..... a black powder kit! Of course, that is the answer. Cabelas has these, don't they?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 17 Jul 2011 17:17

Quoting: Borrego
Cabelas has these, don't they

they sure do!!!!!!!!!!!

also look on the web @ bass pro, gander mountain, and others for a deal or close out item.

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Jul 2011 14:09

I hunt with and shoot black powder rifles for fun. The stores mentioned carry kits, but most are pricey. Gunshows can work, but often than not they are just as pricey as the outdoors stores. I have found gun stores to be the worst priced of the bunch. Try flea markets and pawn shops. Sometimes knowing how long something has been setting around in the store works to your advanage. I was going out on a six month deploymenrt and saw two muzzle loaders on the wall. They want $150.00 a piece for them. When I came back from the cruise they were still there. I got both for a hundred after I pointed out how long they had set.

iwhitewater
# Posted: 31 Jul 2011 20:23

I don't have a flintlock but I have my Great grandfathers double barrel damascus twist shotgun that hung in my dads den Dad gave it to me a few years before he died. It isn't worth much, but every scratch, ding and wear mark brings me closer to my roots. I also have my Dads .22 that he used during the depression.

Scott_T
# Posted: 31 Jul 2011 21:06

Like your artwork!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.