Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / The Power of Nature
bobrok
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 16:53

URL

I'm doing this from my phone and I hope the link works. This is what happened in my little hometown of Amsterdam, NY the other day just a week after the hurricane flooded and destroyed a lot of the low-lying downtown area along the river.
I didn't film this but obviously am concerned about what is left of my little town. At about 5:50 or so into the video you can see the tornado crossing the Thruway.
Going there in a couple of days to see ppl and look for myself. Nobody killed in either event, thank God.

hattie
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 19:15

I'm glad to read that no one was killed in the tornado bobrok. Let us know how things look when you get there.

I survived the 1985 Barrie, Ontario tornado and it is a terrifying experience that one never forgets. One tip that we learned afterwards was that when there are tornado warnings, it is best to crack open the windows of your house. Most people close all their windows but the pressure caused by the storm can literally explode your house. Leaving the windows open is supposed to help prevent the pressure from building inside.

steveqvs
# Posted: 5 Sep 2011 22:05

Wow, scary! Good luck.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.