Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / message from the past.
manny
# Posted: 27 Sep 2011 11:10

I had to tear one of the interior walls down at the old camp last Sat. On one of the old wall boards was written,,, { Dan and charley arived at camp on nov 20 1947 , no wood for the stove but dont mind cus 4 deer shot on way in.} heck now i feel like tearing down all the walls. 'LOL' The interior wall were put on back in the late sixties. i know this because of an old calinder dated 1969 under the wall . who knows what might be under the rest of the walls.

dstraate
# Posted: 27 Sep 2011 11:44

That's really cool. When I lived on the Navajo Nation I used to poke around old abandoned hogans. I just loved to see what month and year the calendar was left on and what kind of setup the people had. I could just sit around and think about how life must have been.

manny
# Posted: 27 Sep 2011 15:49

Thats just the way i feel.

Malamute
# Posted: 27 Sep 2011 21:28

Yah-ta-hey Hosteen Dstraate.

Na-ish bah-ahna

[can't spell it worth a hoot :) ]

hattie
# Posted: 27 Sep 2011 23:15

manny: I'm with you. I'd want to be looking under all the walls to see if there was more. *S* When we renovated our place (built 1912) I was desperately hoping to find something, but nothing. *sigh* We did find a trap door under the old lino though. We kept the trap door in place for nostalgia. *S*

manny
# Posted: 28 Sep 2011 14:34

Well that settles it .Im going in"LOL" This weekend im ripping those walls down. I need to redo them anyways , lots of damage done to the old camp through the winter, The roof has a sag in it due to heavy snow over the winter, and i mean snow ,,, at least four to five feet on the roof in March. which bowed the walls out a bit. I,ll let you all know if there are anymore messages from the past .

manny
# Posted: 28 Sep 2011 14:37

Malamute!!!! What the heck you trying to say."LOL"

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Sep 2011 15:01

got to save the message and make a place on the new wall for it.............love the history of these ole hunting camps

manny
# Posted: 28 Sep 2011 20:20

I will be saving these messages, you can be sure of that. Im thinking of cutting them out , then maby framing each one somehow. I do know they wont be lost.

Malamute
# Posted: 28 Sep 2011 21:29

Quoting: manny
manny
Malamute!!!! What the heck you trying to say."LOL

Dstraate would understand it if he was around Dine' country a while.

Been many years since I was around there, but remember a bit from back then.

Where were you Dstraate?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.