Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / A Christmas Story
mrmiji
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 00:24

I watch the movie multiple times a year.

This year, my daughter came out to the ranch to hunt the east side having heard her mother got her first buck (second deer) out of a portable blind. Now, in the past it's been hard to get her to go to the ranch much less help out. Funny thing - she'll spend hours in the gym but won't work up a lather at the ranch. Honestly, I don't think she understands what we're trying to accomplish at the ranch and surely that's my fault but it's hard to compete with college for a daughter's attention. Regardless, she spent a few miserable days in the blind and even saw some deer though she didn't get a good solution. So....

I bought her a Marlin XS7 308 with a Leupold 3-9 X 40 - her own big game rifle (she has a Ruger 77/22). She's shot my Ruger Frontier rifle well at the range so she'll be fine with her own 308. It's well out of the normal Christmas budget. I'm going to put it behind my wife's desk and then quote lines from the movie until she figures it out. Frankly, if this goes as planned I don't care what I get this year.

May the celebrations of the birth of our Savior warm your homes.

trollbridge
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 08:09

She's gonna lose an eye!!!

Do you have a "leg" lamp at your house? Love that movie too!

Montanan
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 16:44

"Fragile"...must be Italian.

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 20:10

"Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl"

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 20:13

Father: He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.
Mother: He does not!
Father: He does too, he looks like a pink nightmare!

Merry Christmas, all from Ontario!

trollbridge
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 21:05

Now it was serious. A "double-dog-dare". What else was there but a "triple-dare-you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares,the sinister ""triple-dog-dare"!

Ahh...must watch that movie this weekend!!

steveqvs
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 08:22

Hmm, you don't live next to the Bumpuses do you?

mrmiji
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 09:36 - Edited by: mrmiji

Almost. I live immediately next to a woman that owns more than 15 cats.

I'm building up a box and using markers to make it look like a Red Rider BB gun box.

Problem with the 308? You'll not only shoot your eye out...you'll take everything out behind it as well.

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 10:01 - Edited by: trollbridge

Not just a Red Rider BB gun-an official Red Ryder,carbine action,two hundred shot range model air rifle!

...and 15 cats? ICK!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 19:45

...With as much dignity as he could muster, the Old Man gathered up the sad remains of his shattered major award. Later that night, alone in the backyard, he buried it next to the garage. Now I could never be sure, but I thought that I heard the sound of "Taps" being played, gently.

Gotta get my wife one of those lamps for Christmas!

...then I guess my request from you guys on Christmas morning would be: "Can I sleep on someone's sofa, until she cools down??"

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Dec 2011 19:51

mrmiji...how did the gift go over? Hope nobody has lost an eye.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.