Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Ash Vacuum's for fireplace
stu03016
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 16:05

Does anyone else LOVE being near the fireplace in their cabin? That is the best heat ever when in the cabin in the middle of nowhere!! I recently had to clean my fireplace and wanted to see what others thought about an ash vacuum. I bought a Loveless ash vacuum (cool name right!) and it did an awesome job! I just love to tell about a product when it performs so well! Has anyone else have a great ash vacuum they use or has anyone had experiencve with the cougar or cheetah loveless ash vacs?

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 10:22

Hi! Welcome!
I was unaware there was such a vac-it is a messy job with a shovel and pail isn't it??

TomChum
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 13:27 - Edited by: TomChum

Nothing wrong with sales of course! But I'd be surprised if you get a response, I think stu03016 is just trying to sell some vacuums. He wants you to remember the name and google it.

dk1393
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 15:31

I have a small 3 gal boilervac at work that I use. It works very nice. I have used it on the pellet stove also. It was a little pricey. I think around $350.00. I does a great job with the soot.

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 21:36

This has nothing to do with a vac but growig up, we had a wooden ash hopper. This is where we placed all the ashes from the fireplace and the kitchen stove. My grandmother would then run rainwater through the ashes to make lye water for soap making. I can still remember the terrible smell of the lye soap. But it was great for washing my granddad's greasy overalls.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 22:17

Erin's Mom: That is very interesting. I never knew lye soap was made from ashes. After reading your post I found this:

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapmakingsafety/tp/Making-Lye-from-Wood-Ashes.htm

The process looks like a lot of work, but I'd like to do it just to say that I had! LOL

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.