Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / My Dog Loves the Cabin more than I do!
dstraate
# Posted: 30 Dec 2011 13:52

We have an ordinary, well behaved dog. She's usually very good under voice control. We go out on walks with her off-leash, and never have any issues.

Whenever we're getting ready to leave, loading the truck, etc... She just takes off and hides in the woods. She won't come if you call. She's just gone. You've got to find her, and even standing a foot away, she won't come. Just lays there like a stump. So you put the leash on her and drag her to the kennel. It's becoming a 15 min ordeal in the snow.

I've never experienced this at all. She always loads up when we're at home. Hopefully I'll attach a photo of this soon.

Does anybody else have a pet with unusual behavior out at the cabin?

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Dec 2011 13:56 - Edited by: trollbridge

I can sympathize with your dog...I do the same thing!!!

Happy New Year!!!

mrmiji
# Posted: 30 Dec 2011 14:17 - Edited by: mrmiji

Mine's a little more concerned about being left behind at the ranch but then she started her life as a stray. The weirdness is the part - going on right now - that occurs when she figures out I'm loading the truck to go to the ranch. She's a nervous wreck until I put her in the truck and sometimes I load her early just so she doesn't annoy me. If I leave her behind (every time we go BP or general rifle deer hunting) she pouts the rest of the day when we get home.

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Dec 2011 14:49 - Edited by: trollbridge

We are actually taking our dog with us for the first time this weekend. Normally we leave her home but we won't have anybody to watch her. Problem with our dog is she just about has a heart attack while riding in the van and then when she gets really nervous she gets "sores"-like hives kinda-only open sores. It's weird but she heals up in about a day after she calms down. It will be interesting but I hope she does ok so we can take her again.

lookoutman7
# Posted: 20 Mar 2012 14:16

I 100% agree with you there - they love the outings...
Holidays_Sept_2010_1.jpg
Holidays_Sept_2010_1.jpg
cuddle.JPG
cuddle.JPG

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.