Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Chat Room
. 1 . 2 . >>
Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 12 Jan 2012 17:42 - Edited by: Bzzzzzt

I have seen some people suggesting there should be a chat room here. For those of us who want to chat let's try this:

Go to http://chat.efnet.org
A box will pop up asking for a nickname and then a channel.
Change your nickname (it defaults to n00b and random numbers)
Pull down the channel (it defaults to #webchat) and choose "other" type in "#small-cabin" and click "OK" (Make sure to use the pound sign first and the dash or minus sign in the middle of #small-cabin)
Now click the button "Login"
This will bring up the #small-cabin chatroom on efnet IRC. The first person who pops in will be the operator if no one else is there. For more advanced users you can get to the room using an IRC client like mIRC (www.mirc.com) and go to an efnet server. Then /join #small-cabin and you're in.

After you have joined the channel you can chat with anyone who happens to be there. I am currently moderating the channel but won't be readily available. Please keep the conversation tame and clean.

Anybody interested?

Bevis
# Posted: 12 Jan 2012 23:30

sure

Rifraf
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 11:26

Good idea, but linked chats like that usually dont catch on. If its not embedded in site you like to visit with a clear and obvious main link such as the the forums here have, people generally dont bother.

I speak from my own experiences, many sites and many failed irc forum linked chatrooms.

Now if cabinbuilder made a main link on the left nav bar, that scripted the users name, and the #small_cabin chatroom name in for you , that would be good.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 16:37

There have been several people pop in for 30 seconds or less today and since there was no one else there they left. Perhaps if there was a time set up for people to get together it might work better. During the day on a week day is probably not the greatest time for a chatroom.

Martian
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 16:45

Bzzzzt is right about the middle of the work day not being a good time for a chat. That's the reason it was nice to have a thread where, when people had time, they could post their thoughts. Its the same for a "scheduled" chat. I don't have a schedule, don't wear a watch, and really have no idea what I'll be doing from one hour to the next, but if anybody is in the room, I'll say hi.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 22:34 - Edited by: trollbridge

Thank you Bzzzzt. I agree with martian basically. I would like to chat if someone were there.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 17:19 - Edited by: Bzzzzzt

Trollbridge, Naturelover and myself had a nice chat in the chat room this evening. Come on in and join us sometime.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 22:54

Chat room is open for business if anyone is interested.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 23 Jan 2012 18:09

÷)

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 23 Jan 2012 20:53

TTT

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 23 Jan 2012 21:01

Had a nice chat with Rob_O and TurkeyHunter tonight.

Others should join in the fun sometime.

Rifraf
# Posted: 23 Jan 2012 21:49

the problem is that the only link is in this topic, and unless you keep bumping it over and over , it wont be seen enough, users (especially lurkers and passer byers) wont bother.

Cabin Builder would have to link your chat room on the main nav bar for it to be used a lot. Would be easy to add it there if he wanted to, you should email him to discuss it.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 23 Jan 2012 22:06

Your opinion has been logged and noted.

Bevis
# Posted: 23 Jan 2012 23:38

Quoting: Rifraf
you should email him to discuss it.

good luck...

Anonymous
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 10:46

there is never anyone there when I check.....

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 17:07

Anonymous (or whatever your real name is) You should stick around for a while. Just because it's empty right then doesn't mean someone wont come along in a few minutes. If everyone pops in, sees no one and then leaves no one will EVER be there.

Bevis
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 00:37

I normally log in, and keep it wunning in the background, checking it every so often.

Rob_O
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 18:08

Chat room is up and running, come stop in

ErinsMom
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 19:53

Looked in a couple of times; no one home. Got a great e-mail from trollbridge the other day but i'm having a CRS moment and can't remember my e-mail address (today's my tenth day in a row to work).

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:04

Quoting: ErinsMom
and can't remember my e-mail address

or your password. :-))))))) ...you need some rest girl!!!!!!! 10 days straight of shift work will make ya real tried---- you on 8 or 12 hour shifts....

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:17

You can't remember????...hope you do soon cause your missing something fun I sent you!!!!

cutting edge
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 08:54

Sorry my previous post came up as anonymous. I must have done something wrong..... I will try what Bevis suggested and maybe things will liven up.
Chuck

Bevis
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 11:57

Quoting: trollbridge
your missing something fun I sent you!!!!

Fer sure you are...LOL

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 12:52 - Edited by: trollbridge

Bevis...LOL

She will find it entertaining when she finally gets there!!!! Right TH?

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 27 Jan 2012 19:27

I've noticed the forum has been slow the past couple days but the chat room is open. I'm not always sitting right here at the computer but I have it set to send me an alert when someone comes in so if I hear it I'll try and get on here as soon as I can. Therefore, you should stick around a bit rather than pop in for 30 seconds and leave because no one is talking. ÷)

Just
# Posted: 27 Jan 2012 21:16

you know BZ i think i am a little typing shy.. our leader has taken somthing from us .. i find myself thinking twice befor i say anything and by then i often" just " walk away.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 18:22

TH,
Everything from 8 to 10 hour days.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 18:27

cuttinged: I've come home several times and seen that you have been in the room but I'm not home when you get there. No one is wanting you to not be there. It's just new and no one's using it much yet. Give it time.

cutting edge
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 07:19

The not wanting me there was a joke....
I have been checking in frequently, would really like to see it catch on.

Bevis
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 15:50

I was in there several nights ago...carried on a conversation with my self. was a good chat too, ya"ll missed out. LoL

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.