Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / The last frontier
cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 22:48

Has anyone been watching Jewel's(singer)family on Braving Alaska-the last frontier?
me and the mister have been watching it.It seems the Kilchers is her family and they all still live up there in Alaska on a 600 acre homestead.Its pretty good.It shows the family members getting ready for winter with hunting for meat for the long winter and chopping down trees for winter wood and bringing in there garden goods.
We saw the first one and then we could not find it on again.I was worried it was taken off the air...nope!last nite was a marathon of all the shows we did not see.It was pretty interesting.
wondered if anyone was watching it and what they thought of it.

cabinbiscuits
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 23:00

Sounds good, what network is it on?

Bevis
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 23:03

Watched it last night. That one couple better get more motivated on chopping wood earlier or they are gonna freeze.

cabingal3
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 00:58

its on the discovery channel.pretty good.
yes,those two young fellows are jewels brothers.
jewels father is that ole guy and his name is Atz.
Atz lee-the one brother was slow on tending to important things alrighty...but did u notice how him and his wife went out to get king salmon and said they would save it for trading.hmm.who wil they trade with but family.theres no one else out there to trade with...i remember when on the first show otto killed his favorite cow to share with all for meat for the winter.so he may be wise as a fox.
Shane and his wife went clean out into the middle of some lake far away and spent a day and nite out in the ice cold...freezing and caught two fish.its a pretty good show.makes me see what my mister and i will be doing when we are retired n out in our woods in the snow and ice.only it wont be as cold or as dark as Alaska in winter and we are 60 miles to the closest good stores.so we want to make ourselves pretty self reliant out at our woods...so its an interesting show for sure.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.