Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / No More Harrowsmith Magazine???? :-(
hattie
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 17:51

I just said to Bob to check to find out when I am supposed to renew my Harrowsmith Magazine subscription because I hadn't received one in awhile. He told me December. I never got a reminder notice to renew, so I went online to go to their website. HORROR!!!!! They have closed down?!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO............. I LOVE that magazine.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement that has similar articles about country living, etc.?

Just
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 18:56

cottage life

Just
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 18:57

cottage life kinda

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 20:03 - Edited by: trollbridge

Ooooo hattie....I hate when that happens!!!!

My Country Living magazine arrived in the mail today but I haven't got to savor it yet!

There was a magazine called Cottage Life.....but I'm not sure it still exist. I mean Cottage Living-duh!

hattie
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 18:18

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I'll do some googling. It seems it will be Cottage Living, Country Living or Mother Earth. A googling I will go......

Karen
# Posted: 14 Mar 2012 19:36

That is terrible...I was just going through all my old magazines saved
all of those issues...what happened???...was just trying to get on their website..

hattie
# Posted: 14 Mar 2012 19:44

I don't know. I guess they went broke. I never saved my old magazines (we don't have room here), but they sure were great. I decided to start subscribing to "Country Living" instead. It looked really good on the internet.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 14 Mar 2012 21:24

cabin life maybe???

http://www.magazines.com/product/cabin-life?afd_number=3823&s_kwcid=TC|22554|cabin%20 life%20magazine||S|e|9166763768&gclid=CNPz2Pje564CFYub7QodlCnThg

Anonymous
# Posted: 5 May 2012 07:20

oh no. sooo sad. are any of the magazines mentioned above Canadian?

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 May 2012 21:22

that was a very nice magazine for sure.

Snidder
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 16:26

Just found an article that says a 'new' chapter in Harrowsmith has risen under a new publisher....the Harrowsmith Truly Canadian Almanac....

I sooooo much miss this awesome magazine and thankfully have kept lots of the older issues....on my Christmas list again this year

C

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Nov 2012 18:43 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: hattie
I just said to Bob to check to find out when I am supposed to renew my Harrowsmith Magazine subscription because I hadn't received one in awhile. He told me December. I never got a reminder notice to renew, so I went online to go to their website. HORROR!!!!! They have closed down?!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO............. I LOVE that magazine.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement that has similar articles about country living, etc.?

Wow, another casualty of the obamanomics.

plowsmith
# Posted: 20 Dec 2012 17:25

It had turned into "Obscenely Large House with Townies Commuting Back and Forth" magazine with homes worth millions that were built by contractors that represented horrible waste in society.

Mother Earth News (although American) is more like the original Harrowsmith.

hattie
# Posted: 21 Dec 2012 00:14

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mother Earth News. I am so glad I decided to subscribe to it!!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 21 Dec 2012 17:19

Cottage Life! It is the best one out there...It is a canadian magazine and I have been gettingit for over 15 yrs now! Its not cheap though!

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 Dec 2012 19:34

Love Cottage Life...

Magazines are getting very expensive...phooey.....

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 21 Dec 2012 21:25 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

I get Cottage Life and it's the only magazine that I can't find at a good price.

Go to magazinepricesearch.com for the best prices on your favorate mags.

freedom55
# Posted: 31 Dec 2012 20:56

Try Backwoods Home Magazine. It's published out of Oregon and while more focused on homesteading, I have found much helpful information and useful articles in the magazine.

They have a print magazine as well as an online site.

www.backwoodshome.com

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.