Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / May the luck of the Irish be with you!
trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 10:41 - Edited by: trollbridge

Happy upcoming St. Paddy's Day to you all!!
Do you plan on celebrating? How/what will you be doing?????

This year I am going to take a different approach:

I am NOT going to wear any green in hopes that a Leprechaun will be able to "see" me and decide to give me a pinch or two. While in the process of pinching me my plan is to quickly grab him...hold him tight in my arms and figure out a way to convince him to give me 3 wishes.

I am still giving serious thought to what my 3 wishes will be as I really do not want to blow it ----- I do know for sure that one of my wishes will be a Pot of Gold!!!!

I also know that it sounds pretty greedy, but it is for a good cause- really-------you see I would use it to finish buying all the materials needed to get our cabin done!!!! And to feel less guilty I will share it with all of you too!!!! Just think how many cabins could get finished!!! It's a good cause isn't it????

Now wish me luck...and remember...we all stand to benefit from this!!!!

hattie
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 12:10

I don't think I have any green clothes (except for maybe the ones waiting to be washed - ewwwww *LOL*). I'm going to make us some Irish Soda Bread for breakfast and some Corned Beef Brisket with potatoes and carrots for dinner (Hubby refuses to eat cooked cabbage so I had to nix that idea). The pub next door is all decked out in green decorations as is the town's magic tree at the entrance to town. *S*

Good luck catching that leprechaun. Years ago when I used to run a daycare I would hide coins in the sand box outside. I told the kids every time it rained the leprechaun's pot of gold would tip over right into our sand box. It got to the point I had kids I had never seen before digging through the box. One of my neighbours asked what was going on and when I told him he said next time it rained, he'b be first out there. *LOL* Never did catch that sneaky leprechaun though. *grin*

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 12:42 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: hattie
I'm going to make us some Irish Soda Bread for breakfast and some Corned Beef Brisket with potatoes and carrots for dinner

Celebrating in traditional style I see....sounds delish!!! If I don't have to spend the whole day trying to catch a leprechaun then I will have time to cook this too... only I will do cooked cabbage cause it is tasty to me!

I loved your cute idea with the coins in the sandbox! We have always got into St. Paddy's Day around here... in honor of my Grandpa Mullins and many other family members who immigrated from Ireland. I remember with such fondness his reddish hair and freckles and his wonderful Irish accent. He was such a hard worker and had such good morals-I admired him very much and I also remember being very fascinated while watching him pack his pipe! LOL...funny what we remember isn't it?!?
My son Patrick use to consider St. Patrick's Day HIS day. He would spend the whole day trying to pinch as many people as he could----and he would just giggle with delight when he got someone! He would have a hard time passing as a leprechaun now at 6'6"!!!! My daughter Christine has taken over with the delights of the day......I hope when see makes her shamrock cookies she brings some by to share.....the resulting sugar high may help me with that leprechaun!

tnky03
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 16:21

I plan to make my hubby a Shepherds Pie, one of his favorites. An early Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 16:23

Likely a black and tan. Or two.

Bevis
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 16:45

I'm working the 12 hrs of Sebring Race. Will be on pit lane fire safety crew.

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 19:51 - Edited by: trollbridge

tnky03 Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too...enjoy your Shepherds Pie!!!

wakeslayer
maybe even three. Hee hee...enjoy!

Bevis will there be any leprechauns driving the cars???? Stay safe!

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Mar 2012 23:01

Off to get a full nights sleep...I'll need all the energy I can muster in order to catch a leprechaun tomorrow. I was reading tips and from what I understand they are extremely sneaky and very fast and sure-footed. This is sure going to be interesting!!!!

hattie
# Posted: 17 Mar 2012 01:03

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Mar 2012 10:36

Yep hattie...that pretty much sums up how light and bouncy they are on their feet!!!! Been out since sunrise and almost had one but dang....quick is an understatement!! and btw they are way smaller than I expected too. Had to come home to eat and rethink my plan. I am going to head back out but this time I am wearing better shoes...that should help a lot.

steveqvs
# Posted: 17 Mar 2012 13:00

Bevis that is really cool!

Hmm, I really havent thought about any type of celebration as there is no Irish in my background... but nuttin wrong with a beer or two to help those that are irish celebrate!

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 12:02 - Edited by: trollbridge

Hope you all had a good day!

My son made a corned beef dinner that was delicious and declared it the new tradition for every future St. Paddy's Day.............

and well I guess we will be paying for our own cabin supplies.......catching a leprechaun is impossible! They work together to help each other out too. I had one yesterday and was holding his gaze and another one came up and pinched me really hard, startling me making me lose my grip! Dang it!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.