Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / memorial day weekend
cabingal3
# Posted: 25 May 2012 04:54

any plans for memoridal weekend everyone??
we are headed to our cabin.what are u doing?

rayyy
# Posted: 25 May 2012 06:18

Me and schelle are headed up to Rattlesnake hill for a weekend of camping and riding.Cold beer,campfire,good food and good friends.

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 May 2012 08:17

Going to the cabin for three days !!

justincsasei812
# Posted: 25 May 2012 09:01

Not going up this weekend!! This is an important weekend of events and ceremonies. As the Commander of our local Amvets (American Veterans) Post there is a lot to do. Flags are to be placed at the head stone of all of our fallen Veterans and Soldiers tomorrow morning. Monday is the big day of speaking at ceremonies and laying a wreath out at each cemetery in remembrance of all those who have served our country proudly and have passed. Please remember why we have this long weekend and take a moment to thank all those who have served whether living or dead. Have a GREAT weekend all!!!

Kevin

Montanagirl
# Posted: 25 May 2012 09:07

going to get the water running this weekend. This entails putting the water line in the lake . . . this entails getting in the lake! We are supposed to get snow in higher elevations. Enjoy!

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 May 2012 10:00

cabingal3 Finally here! Your long wait is over

Hope everyone has a great time...we are going north too! Yippee!

justincasei812.......thank you for the reminder...it is more than a long weekend at the cabin and thank you and the others here who have served our country!

and by the way kevin....I just put your whole member name through my thought process (a little slow here!) and I like it...but now I am wondering what you may have eaten??? LOL!

justincsasei812
# Posted: 25 May 2012 10:27

Trollbridge-

The name is twofold for me, a little humor and my son's name was Justin so a little bit of a tribute to him as well.

Happy weekend!!!

Kevin

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 May 2012 11:25

Kevin...did you lose your son? I hope not, but that is how it sounds. So sorry if you did...I really can't imagine how awful it would be. My heart is full of sadness for you.

MJW
# Posted: 25 May 2012 13:45

As some of you know, my wife, 5 yr old and I are full time, work from "home" RV'ers right now, seeing the country while while we nail down exactly where we want to build our place in a year or so.

No cabin to go to yet.

No worries, though. We are having fun in Cave City, KY this weekend watching all the weekend campers pulling in and setting up.

From the looks of some of these peeps it is gonna be a rockin' time around here this weekend!

Happy Memorial Day, everybody!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 27 May 2012 14:33

It's Sunday but I spent the morning in the country cleaning the fence row. Even talked hubby into going. It was great. He then used this as a reason to buy a new weedeater.

He thinks we should take off for a six - seven hour drive to Edisto Island in SC then drive back tomorrow. Not in my plans!

Everyone, have a safe and happy holiday! Remember those for which we celebrate.

Kharkov43
# Posted: 27 May 2012 14:39

Listening to the Indy 500 and boy is it hot here just north of Indy. My hats off to the men and women who gave their lives for our Country.
God Bless America!

justincsasei812
# Posted: 29 May 2012 09:25

Trollbridge,

Yes I did lose my son. It was many yrs ago when he was young. Justin would have been turning 20 here in about two weeks. Thank you for the thoughts!!

Hope you and everyone around you had a memorable weekend!!

AYP1909
# Posted: 29 May 2012 11:26

We finally accepted an offer to purchase our old cabin on the Olympic Peninsula and spent the weekend cleaning out 43 years of family memories. We will be heading east to the new cabin site next weekend to meet with a gentleman from the PUD to discuss our power installation for later this summer. No off-the-grid living for us.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2012 12:49

justincsasei812,

I was really hoping it was just the wording---so sorry for your loss. I don't think Bevis (a member of small-cabin whom I have become friends with) would mind me saying that he also lost his son many years ago-he would be 24 now. Breaks my heart. Especially with his birthday looming I'm sure he is heavily on your mind and in your heart. I will keep you in my prayers.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2012 15:20

AYP1909.................congratulations! You got your Christmas wish after all!!! Was the offer from an elf wanting to go south?

justincsasei812
# Posted: 30 May 2012 08:16

Thank you Trollbridge.

AYP1909
# Posted: 30 May 2012 11:00

Trollbridge: The offer is actually from an elderly couple who live 15 miles away and are apprently just looking for a weekender. There is just too much rain on the peninsula for me. I can handle hotter and colder weather, e.g. Eastern Washington, but seeing everything rot, e.g. Western Washington, can be depressing.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.