Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Erinsmom...
<< . 1 . 2 .
trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jul 2012 14:49 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: cabingal3

The reason i hung out our dirty laundry is to let ErinsMom know she is not alone.

Not only ErinsMom, but the others out there who aren't necessarily even members who need the assurance and comfort that comes from knowing that they are not alone either You may be touching more lives than you even realize!

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Jul 2012 16:00

well we can hope trollbridge.

Borrego
# Posted: 11 Jul 2012 22:14

Quoting: Gary O
And Bruce, you are right on. (Nice place you got there, BTW. Been awhile since I've seen it, cheers)

Hey Gary - Good to hear from ya again, where's that scotch?
I didn't mean to sound, well, anything really. I've just been through this and seen friends go through it, and it is just so frustrating... I feel y'alls pain, I do, I do.......... I hope this works out ok , and soon. It's just the old fine line in the sand, eh? I had a friend that finally had to let his daughter go live under the bridge, there was just no other option... no amount of money or love can cure some things... Keep going to the cabin and stay in the moment. And your sense of humor won't hurt, either!!

Gary O
# Posted: 12 Jul 2012 09:44

Scotch?
'tis the season of IPA

Yeah, every time she mentions she wants to kill herself, I get this satanic grin, and evil thoughts of helping speed things up creep into the front of what's left of my mind.

Cabi and I take turns getting soft, so we check on each other.

'You didn't give her a twenty did you??!!'
'Well, she went away didn't she?'

One tends to adjust their sights in the realm of hope and expectation....mine are a couple clicks above whale feces.

But, hey, everyone has their dirty laundry and fighting a demon or two.
It makes the good things that much gooder.

She'll figger it out, or she won't.

It's kinda like havin' a flat tire.
Still got three good ones, and a spare to boot!

Goin' to the cabin in eight days!

Cheers, Bruce

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Jul 2012 22:42

'tis the season of IPA

really? too hot down here....

Goin' to the cabin in eight days!

Great! Enjoy and appreciate all that you do have, that's the key to this mess. We have to wait 8 weeks til the desert cools down (119 yesterday!)

Bless you guys and Godspeed....

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 Jul 2012 23:23

Quoting: Borrego
119 yesterday!)

man.take care.thats some hot hotness!whew.are u there Borrego right now where its so hot??hope u have a way to cool off.

Gary O
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 17:53

Six day shalt I labor, then we're off to Beulah land.
Meantime the daughter is being a facsimile of precious.

We really should video all five minutes.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 20:02

As I sit here on my small porch, I'm not a happy camper. It pouring down rain and I should be on the porch of a cabin, feet propped up listening to the rain. Oh, to have a goal.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 23:22

i hear u ErinsMom.i sure do.we just got our house back from the wrecking crew.the daughter,her man and the grandkids is whom i am talking of.
oh my word.me and gary get so sidetracked with all the drama and monies spent on the family ...monies that should go to our retirement and cabin workings.
then i found out that my daughter and her man are trying to make a baby here living with us.they have no jobs and no homes and living here.ew.
soo.they all left for utah...with 220$ in there pocket and the food stamps they have dont come thru till the sixth.
so they have been calling us and calling us.
we told them they cant come here and make babies with no jobs.
its always something.we have to get tunnel vision and make a bee line to it.
its sometimes easy to get side tracked for sure.hope u are ok.enjoy the moment with the dreams u have. how is your daughter doing??hugs cabi.

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Aug 2012 21:53

It turns out, that with the proper motivation, geriatrics can do cartwheels.
I'm practicing a reverse Hecht for winter....when the roads are impassable
........distance truly does make the heart grow fonder

... the hiiiiills are alive, with the sound of muuuusic

ErinsMom
# Posted: 23 Aug 2012 18:46

I've been away for a while. It's too hard to visit the forum with a smart phone (computer died). My husband just got a rehab mac laptop; this is my first use. I forgot how much I missed this site. IT GIVES ME PEACE......
Update on daughter: she has now been in jail for two months; should be evaluated for long term inpatient drug rehab Tuesday. She needs these skills if she is to survive.

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 Aug 2012 22:19

Good to hear from you ErinsMom...we've missed you
Hope she gets the drug rehab she needs-keep us posted please.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 10 Sep 2012 20:27

Erin is now home awaiting inpatient rehab bed. Outpt program currently (50 wk). I can now accept that this is NOT my fault but a step down the wrong path for her. I am happy to say, I will soon have $1000.00 saved for cabin build. Thinking of small amish built shed. Dream of larger build must wait.

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Sep 2012 21:43

ErinsMom-i go thru this too.
But there is no more any one could have done .i was a good mother to my child-as a girl and there for her as a young woman.i know how i was when i was a teenager.no i did not get into legal trouble nor do drugs but i was hardheaded n determined.lol.much like now.they have their own minds and their own demons as we do that attract them.Still i think i should have,could have,would have...but no.
i am so happy to hear u are alright and your girl is too.mine calls me.her children are at their fathers and he seems to be enjoying parenting his boys.he is very proud of his boys.and my daughter is running around being miss pretty pretty.no job,a new boyfriend and i am letting go of her as she is almost 32.
i am so happy u are dreaming of your cabin and saving monies.we are repairing our home after the wrecking crew left.once again.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.